Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Chinese S90s stuck on trains in Poland...

Views : 6915

Replies : 80

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 10th, 2017, 22:58   #31
Avallon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmkirk View Post
The lob car (XC60 67 plate D4 auto R design) is provided FOC. All I have to do is insure it and put fuel in the thing. Nice car actually... just not the one I ordered. I have ordered my car on a contract hire. But fact is that I confirmed with Volvo prior to selling my car that the S90 would be available definitely on 1st September. They confirmed that in writing and so I sold my car. That made me immobile and so Volvo appreciated their obligation to keep me mobile accepting daily for misadvising me to sell the vehicle. But hey.. assuming gets delivered on the latest expected date they only got it 2 months wrong!!

My new date is 23rd Oct. spoken to Volvo UK to manage their expectations as to what goodwill I am expecting for having had the car delayed 7 times now!
I ordered my S90 after cancelling a Golf GTI order because it was delayed on the basis it would be delivered mid-Sep...sod's law.
Avallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2017, 19:58   #32
Stunts

Default Mine's delayed :-(

I ordered my S90 D4 Momentum in April and have now been told it's due on the 3rd November. I was initially told 12 weeks leadtime, then it moved to mid September upon confirmation of the order, then end of September, then mid October. I was given a date of not later than the 13th October to dealer. I chased twice during the week, only to be told on Wednesday (two days prior to the delivery date) that the date hadn't moved forward from the end of October!! Needless to say i was a tad miffed. I've asked for the Polestar package to be installed as compensation..... oh, and the reason given was rail strikes in Russia.
Stunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2017, 20:13   #33
Avallon

That's a great compensation idea - won't cost Volvo much at all, but saves you a significant sum!
Old Oct 14th, 2017, 20:32   #34
ianmkirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunts View Post
I ordered my S90 D4 Momentum in April and have now been told it's due on the 3rd November. I was initially told 12 weeks leadtime, then it moved to mid September upon confirmation of the order, then end of September, then mid October. I was given a date of not later than the 13th October to dealer. I chased twice during the week, only to be told on Wednesday (two days prior to the delivery date) that the date hadn't moved forward from the end of October!! Needless to say i was a tad miffed. I've asked for the Polestar package to be installed as compensation..... oh, and the reason given was rail strikes in Russia.

Forgive my ignorance - but please can you advise what the Polestar package entails / includes or where I can look to find out. Thanks very much in advance.
ianmkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2017, 09:09   #35
Driver Dave

Smile

Just Google "Polestar Optimisation"
Old Oct 15th, 2017, 10:09   #36
ianmkirk

Yes I had done. And read all about it not just being an engine optimisation but rather a full upgrade of the whole drivechain.

Which led me to believe it may be physically upgraded mechanical parts (hence not an easy add on as a GOGW when the car finally arrives at dealership).

However having looked at the smaller print within the purchase pages of the website for the improvement it says it is completed within an hour at any Volvo dealer. Hence realise now it is just software but sounds great. Especially the gear hold under heightened lateral g force (preventing unsettling due to mid corner gear changes).

Has anyone had this done on the D4 auto unit or know of anyone with experience of it? Would be really keen to know if it delivers noticeable improvements. Whilst the given stats make the gains look marginal I can imagine that the sum of all parts provides a clear difference to the stock car.

Would be good to know from someone who has had it done.
ianmkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2017, 11:56   #37
Matt2e

Thumbs up It is here .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2e View Post
Good question .... Mine has been pushed back again. With dealer on 6th October now. What do you think the turnaround might be to getting it back out to the 'customer'?
S90 has arrived (last Thursday 12th actually) so I am a very happy bunny. It was full of postcards from all the countries it has visited on its way here and there were a number of souvenirs and duty free items in the boot.

No there wasn't ... but that was surprising in itself!

It has been a long wait and the car is truly smashing. keep the faith all you in the same predicament ... it is worth the wait.

Just going round to the shops to get another bottle of milk!
Matt2e is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt2e For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 16th, 2017, 14:10   #38
Busa1400

Just out of curiosity why not simply cancel the order ?
Old Oct 17th, 2017, 20:01   #39
Avallon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa1400 View Post
Just out of curiosity why not simply cancel the order ?
Still want the car if I can get it in a reasonable amount of time, can't think of any self driving execs anywhere near the price on a lease. Also, after cancelling my previous GTI, taking out a new lease and then applying for a third, I'd be concerned about my credit rating...
Old Oct 25th, 2017, 22:37   #40
Stunts

Default More delays

Mine's been pushed back again to the middle of November :-(

If I'd have known the leadtime I would certainly have ordered an alternative!
Stunts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, one belt, one road, s90