Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Chinese S90s stuck on trains in Poland...

Views : 6875

Replies : 80

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 27th, 2017, 14:13   #21
Gustaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustaff View Post
The railroad from Germany to Italy that is the root cause of this problem is said to be repaired first week of october. I would not be too worried in your case.
The S90 was delivered to me yesterday. That is about two weeks delay from the previous date as stated in 'My Volvo'.

Quality as to be expected from Volvo, all in exellent order. Looks like Volvo have got good supervisors in the Chineese factory.

Ordered: S90 T5 Inscription FWD 2018
Gustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gustaff For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 27th, 2017, 16:00   #22
Jimrod

Quote:
The S90 was delivered to me yesterday. That is about two weeks delay from the previous date as stated in 'My Volvo'.

Quality as to be expected from Volvo, all in exellent order. Looks like Volvo have got good supervisors in the Chineese factory.
That's great to hear (for those of us waiting!), post some pics if you feel like it!
Jimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2017, 16:23   #23
Bernard F

Quote:

How did you get a delivery date from "My Volvo" it no longer operates in my App.
Bernard F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2017, 22:07   #24
Matt2e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard F View Post
How did you get a delivery date from "My Volvo" it no longer operates in my App.
Good question .... Mine has been pushed back again. With dealer on 6th October now. What do you think the turnaround might be to getting it back out to the 'customer'?
Matt2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2017, 11:12   #25
Lexman8
Premier Member

Assuming the dealer schedules a PDI based upon the anticipated arrival date it should only take 2 or 3 days to be customer ready.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 7th, 2017, 09:38   #26
Matt2e

Talking Delivery Date .... yay!

Car arrived at dealer yesterday and will be on my drive Thursday morning (12th) ... could have had it a bit earlier but am out and about doing work ‘stuff’ until then.

Nearly there - keeping the faith!
Old Oct 7th, 2017, 19:12   #27
ianmkirk

Well my S90 was due for collection on Tuesday. But got a call at 5pm Friday to advise a further 3 week delay. This really is abysmal expectation management.

At least I am in a Volvo UK brand new XC60 in the meantime so the delay really is at their expense.

Just such a shame we are all getting these new cars so much later than the new registrations. I feel for those who are timing it in with expiring leases etc.
ianmkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2017, 19:52   #28
Matt2e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmkirk View Post
Well my S90 was due for collection on Tuesday. But got a call at 5pm Friday to advise a further 3 week delay. This really is abysmal expectation management.

At least I am in a Volvo UK brand new XC60 in the meantime so the delay really is at their expense.

Just such a shame we are all getting these new cars so much later than the new registrations. I feel for those who are timing it in with expiring leases etc.
Did you get confirmation that it had arrived at the dealer? That has been the log jam with mine. I assume not as 3 weeks for the PDI would seem extreme ... unless the body came off the chassis in a delivery mishap....?

Volvo/dealers SEEM incapable of managing logistics ... though I suspect in my case that it was actually the Lease company .. Volvo was pretty well spot on once I made myself known to them.

Cheers
Old Oct 10th, 2017, 22:37   #29
Avallon

For those of you with loan cars - were they all provided FOC or (in the event of any lease orders) did you have to pay a monthly rental? Did you have to insure the loan car yourself (presumably so?)

NB. Am I being cynical by thinking that the online order tracking being removed from the app/website is not a coincidence?
Avallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2017, 22:52   #30
ianmkirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avallon View Post
For those of you with loan cars - were they all provided FOC or (in the event of any lease orders) did you have to pay a monthly rental? Did you have to insure the loan car yourself (presumably so?)

NB. Am I being cynical by thinking that the online order tracking being removed from the app/website is not a coincidence?

The lob car (XC60 67 plate D4 auto R design) is provided FOC. All I have to do is insure it and put fuel in the thing. Nice car actually... just not the one I ordered. I have ordered my car on a contract hire. But fact is that I confirmed with Volvo prior to selling my car that the S90 would be available definitely on 1st September. They confirmed that in writing and so I sold my car. That made me immobile and so Volvo appreciated their obligation to keep me mobile accepting daily for misadvising me to sell the vehicle. But hey.. assuming gets delivered on the latest expected date they only got it 2 months wrong!!

My new date is 23rd Oct. spoken to Volvo UK to manage their expectations as to what goodwill I am expecting for having had the car delayed 7 times now!

Last edited by ianmkirk; Oct 10th, 2017 at 22:55.
ianmkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ianmkirk For This Useful Post:

Tags
china, one belt, one road, s90