Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Giving up!

Views : 982

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 15th, 2020, 21:45   #1
ghsaunders40

Default Giving up!

Just a note to thank all all who helped and gave advice/opinions on my 2012 V60 D5, it was much appreciated. I ended up throwing money at it constantly, more than I'd expect to for a car with 70k miles with a previous full dealer history, so in the end traded it in for an EV

Thanks again all!
ghsaunders40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2020, 10:40   #2
Rocinante
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghsaunders40 View Post
Just a note to thank all all who helped and gave advice/opinions on my 2012 V60 D5, it was much appreciated. I ended up throwing money at it constantly, more than I'd expect to for a car with 70k miles with a previous full dealer history, so in the end traded it in for an EV

Thanks again all!
Curious as to your issues,

You don't seem to have owned the car for very long. Any issues found in the first 6 months should be the dealer's problem, and you shouldn't have had to throw money at it.

https://www.theaa.com/car-buying/legal-rights

"If a fault comes to light after 30 days but before 6 months you’re entitled to a repair, replacement or refund."

Last edited by Rocinante; Jul 16th, 2020 at 11:23.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2020, 11:16   #3
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondcoia View Post

You don't seem to have owned the car for very long. Any issues found in the first 6 months should be the dealer's problem, and you shouldn't have had to throw money at it.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...-are-my-rights

"If you take the vehicle back within six months of purchase, the dealer should accept there was a problem when the vehicle was sold and offer a partial refund or to repair or replace it.

If the dealer doesn't accept there was a problem when the vehicle was sold, they'll have to prove this."
True, but not everyone buys from a dealer. I actually wonder what the 'dealer Vs private/auction sales' breakdown is for cars over, say, five years old?

I bought mine at a local auction when it was only three years old. And there appeared to be quite a few other private buyers also bidding on similar three year old ex-leasehire vehicles.
Old Jul 17th, 2020, 15:49   #4
Rocinante
Master Member

ghsaunders's post from 30th October 2019

"I've just bought a 2012 V60 D5 auto from a reputable dealer (non Volvo), it's covered 65k, the car has a full Volvo history and was last serviced in January."

So it was purchased 9 months ago, I would hope the faults didn't all appear in the last 3 months.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rocinante For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 18th, 2020, 13:46   #5
ghsaunders40

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondcoia View Post

https://www.theaa.com/car-buying/legal-rights

"If a fault comes to light after 30 days but before 6 months you’re entitled to a repair, replacement or refund."
Yes, after the 6 month mark I ran into a myriad of electrical and gearbox issues. I'd bought it as a stop gap before heading down the EV route.

The last fault to occur was a fault in the 4c, and at this point I could not be bothered and ordered the Tesla early.
The Following User Says Thank You to ghsaunders40 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 18th, 2020, 14:22   #6
Simmy
Premier Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghsaunders40 View Post
Yes, after the 6 month mark I ran into a myriad of electrical and gearbox issues. I'd bought it as a stop gap before heading down the EV route.

The last fault to occur was a fault in the 4c, and at this point I could not be bothered and ordered the Tesla early.
tesla 100 times more electical things to go wrong good luck with your new car
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2020, 00:16   #7
ghsaunders40

Cool

Already have had a Model S for 5 years and 130k miles. Completely flawless car. Will take my chances, thanks.