Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 delivery delay woes

Views : 18509

Replies : 67

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 1st, 2017, 19:35   #1
whiten
Volvofaithful

Default XC60 delivery delay woes

Is anyone else having problems with delayed delivery on their new XC60?

I don't think I'm alone in having my new XC60's delivery delayed yet again. Having ordered in early January my supplying dealer (who reserved lots of their own production slots ) gave me a delivery date for early March. Perfect. Just in time to avoid the new VED car tax rules and increased rates ( the D4 increases from £30 to £160/year ) I thought. After being given a revised date for the 12th April, I raised my concerns and frustrations to Volvo UK, who have just got back to me:

" Once the orders have been processed and accepted the factory they will be provided with a revised delivery date. As always these dates are subject to change and it is the responsibility of the dealer to keep their customers updated of these changes.

Due to the sheer number of orders for the Volvo XC60 at the start of 2017, we are now seeing lead times up until June. The estimated delivery date provided by the dealership at the time, would have been just that, an estimate. It is with regret that your order has been pushed back to June 2017, however we are unable to offer any kind of financial compensation in recognition of this
".

Seems my email of concern to Volvo has actually led them to delay my delivery even further. What should I do? I can cancel but as it was a pretty attractive pch deal I doubt I could better it, even with the extra monthly amount added for the VED increase.

Might just forget it and order a new 2018 XC60....
whiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2017, 20:19   #2
NigelDay
Premier Member

You could ask for a copy of the Factory Order Form. This details the order date, cut-off date, manufacture, shipping and delivery dates. It also lists all the options you have specified. This is NOT the same as the dealer order form.
However, if it is true the demand has rocketed and - given the minority of RHD vehicles going through production - it could well be true that UK supplies are being delayed and the 'Factory Order Form' does not reflect what is actually happening.
Do bear in mind that 'deals, discounts and lead-times' on the new XC60 will be much less favourable for the first 12 months of the new model.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2017, 21:09   #3
whiten
Volvofaithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
You could ask for a copy of the Factory Order Form. This details the order date, cut-off date, manufacture, shipping and delivery dates. It also lists all the options you have specified. This is NOT the same as the dealer order form.
However, if it is true the demand has rocketed and - given the minority of RHD vehicles going through production - it could well be true that UK supplies are being delayed and the 'Factory Order Form' does not reflect what is actually happening.
Do bear in mind that 'deals, discounts and lead-times' on the new XC60 will be much less favourable for the first 12 months of the new model.
I asked my dealer for the order form (see below) - Is this the factory or dealer order? Seems strange they can't process 'one car at a time' with appropriate production & delivery slots to match, rather than stack all the orders together then make a decision who is going to be prioritised first....

I'm guessing the new model will be pretty expensive but might be worth a look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8150.jpg (101.9 KB, 101 views)
Old Mar 1st, 2017, 21:38   #4
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiten View Post
I asked my dealer for the order form (see below) - Is this the factory or dealer order? Seems strange they can't process 'one car at a time' with appropriate production & delivery slots to match, rather than stack all the orders together then make a decision who is going to be prioritised first....

I'm guessing the new model will be pretty expensive but might be worth a look.
Yes, this is it, although it looks slightly different to mine as you have taken an existing production slot whereas I had a simple one-off factory order. The dates are clear and it seems you were originally going to get a February build but it is now slipping to March.
Is your P11D over £40k ?
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
Old Mar 1st, 2017, 21:48   #5
whiten
Volvofaithful

Quote:
Yes, this is it, although it looks slightly different to mine as you have taken an existing production slot whereas I had a simple one-off factory order. The dates are clear and it seems you were originally going to get a February build but it is now slipping to March.
Is your P11D over £40k ?
No, it's under £40k thankfully even with the options so won't be hit too hard from the new VED, but the monthly payments have still increased to the increased VED yearly rates. I think by the sound of it the build has slipped to May/June! You'd think that a reserved dealer production slot is just that, reserved!
Old Mar 2nd, 2017, 07:04   #6
v70stu
V60 T6

Looks like the model has been so popular that everyone wants one prior to the new XC60. Could you contact the dealer and negotiate a better deal on the basis you will cancel yohr order if not?
Old Mar 2nd, 2017, 16:17   #7
andrewpain

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiten View Post
Is anyone else having problems with delayed delivery on their new XC60?

I don't think I'm alone in having my new XC60's delivery delayed yet again. Having ordered in early January my supplying dealer (who reserved lots of their own production slots ) gave me a delivery date for early March. Perfect. Just in time to avoid the new VED car tax rules and increased rates ( the D4 increases from £30 to £160/year ) I thought. After being given a revised date for the 12th April, I raised my concerns and frustrations to Volvo UK, who have just got back to me:

" Once the orders have been processed and accepted the factory they will be provided with a revised delivery date. As always these dates are subject to change and it is the responsibility of the dealer to keep their customers updated of these changes.

Due to the sheer number of orders for the Volvo XC60 at the start of 2017, we are now seeing lead times up until June. The estimated delivery date provided by the dealership at the time, would have been just that, an estimate. It is with regret that your order has been pushed back to June 2017, however we are unable to offer any kind of financial compensation in recognition of this
".

Seems my email of concern to Volvo has actually led them to delay my delivery even further. What should I do? I can cancel but as it was a pretty attractive pch deal I doubt I could better it, even with the extra monthly amount added for the VED increase.

Might just forget it and order a new 2018 XC60....

that's rough. Sp glad mine went through without a hitch. Ordered Jan 18th, collect tomorrow. Dealer just modified one of their already-ordered stock cars.
Lucky...
Old Mar 2nd, 2017, 18:33   #8
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewpain View Post
that's rough. Sp glad mine went through without a hitch. Ordered Jan 18th, collect tomorrow. Dealer just modified one of their already-ordered stock cars.
Lucky...
I think it might have something to do with his dealer. I say no more.
Old Mar 2nd, 2017, 18:43   #9
whiten
Volvofaithful

Quote:
I think it might have something to do with his dealer. I say no more.
You are indeed lucky, but obviously chose the right dealer too (did you say before that it was Marshalls?). I thought that as Mill had pre reserved production slots ready to fill I'd be fine. Mill are just blaming Volvo for not coping with massive order surge, Volvo are blaming the customers for ordering too many cars ��.
Perhaps SE model orders are easier to fulfil?
Old Mar 2nd, 2017, 19:00   #10
whiten
Volvofaithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by v70stu View Post
Looks like the model has been so popular that everyone wants one prior to the new XC60. Could you contact the dealer and negotiate a better deal on the basis you will cancel yohr order if not?
Apparently Volvo were heavily subsidising the XC60 early January, with discounts on pcp, pch and hp. Thus large order spike. I got in on it mid Jan, like Andrew, and secured a pretty good pch deal, which I doubt could be bettered now. Which means my bargaining power is reduced and tbh I doubt Mill would care if I cancelled as they claim that they are 'losing money' on such deals. But of course sales are good for business and monthly/yearly targets too, so yes I have threatened to cancel, to which they replied "that would be a shame Sir, but the delivery delays are not something we can influence".

Not a nice position to be in, and I definitely don't feel like a valued customer.