Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Polestar Offer

Views : 7266

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 22nd, 2023, 12:41   #21
Cloth Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWH View Post
Just spoke with my insurer (Hastings Direct) and no charge for the Polestar update as it's an official dealer product . Also lowered my renewal quote which was already the lowest price and I didn't even ask.
Interesting. I'm just about to renew, and enquired whether Direct Line would cover the Polestar mods. I explained that this is a recognised mod, dealer fitted and can also be specced on a new car. Basically, because it involves an uplift in power, they're not having it.

I don't have time right now to shop around, and the quote is competitive, so this probably means putting back plans for the Polestar mod for a year until I renew next time.
Cloth Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2023, 07:49   #22
SWH

That's interesting because other Direct Line customers have previously reported no extra charge for having the Polestar optimisation.
SWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2023, 16:55   #23
Ulrikas PA
Master Member

Quote:
That's interesting because other Direct Line customers have previously reported no extra charge for having the Polestar optimisation.
I've found it can be down to who you speak to.

I moved house a couple of years ago to a house which wasn't yet on their postcode system but was on banks, royal mail etc. The advice and aggressiveness I got when trying to change address was absolutely abysmal.

I gave up and called back the next day and was helped and understood. The rules to follow should have been identical.
Ulrikas PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2023, 14:06   #24
griston64
Premier Member

What would be the ramifications if you didn't tell your insurance company ?

If it was stolen and never seen again, would they not pay out as you didn't tell them it had something that they would never know that it had ?

If it was involved in a serious crash that rendered the car a total write off would the insurance company assessor hack into the cars ECU to check for the software upgrade ?

You could easily buy a car that had Polestar optimisation with no badges fitted as well

Just saying

Last edited by griston64; Feb 24th, 2023 at 15:53.
griston64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2023, 15:06   #25
Ulrikas PA
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griston64 View Post

Youi could easily buy a car that had Polestar optimisation with no badges fitted as well

Just saying
I had a REVO remap on my last Audi, which have a similar reputation to Volvo Polestar.

The independent garage that bought it when part exd to Volvo said in the advert "Pulls like an absolute train!" ( which it did)
Ulrikas PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2023, 13:32   #26
reggit
Premier Member

Quote:
Just spoke with my insurer (Hastings Direct) and no charge for the Polestar update as it's an official dealer product . Also lowered my renewal quote which was already the lowest price and I didn't even ask.
Mine went up with Hastings - it renewed today, but I’ve noticed the ‘drive other cars’ option is now on it. When I rang them, the person on the phone asked me if it was classed as a modification…

Anyway, just back from Lloyds Volvo. Blooming heck, the car seems to forget it’s a diesel when you give it some, it absolutely flies. But seems unchanged pottering around in traffic. It’s only 20bhp more on mine, but it seems to make an amazing difference.

Could I have justified it at full price on a 13 year old car - doubt it. At £300 though it’s a no-brainer.

Right nice people as well at the garage and a full breakie at Asda across the road.
Old Mar 1st, 2023, 16:00   #27
SWH

My renewal quote had gone up but when I phoned Hastings to tell them about the Polestar they dropped it to last years price without me asking.

If your car is anything like mine it'll improve over the next couple of days.
Old Mar 1st, 2023, 16:22   #28
Stu B
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggit View Post

Anyway, just back from Lloyds Volvo. Blooming heck, the car seems to forget it’s a diesel when you give it some, it absolutely flies. But seems unchanged pottering around in traffic. It’s only 20bhp more on mine, but it seems to make an amazing difference.

Could I have justified it at full price on a 13 year old car - doubt it. At £300 though it’s a no-brainer.

Right nice people as well at the garage and a full breakie at Asda across the road.
I found the service great too when I was there a few weeks ago. My car is an earlier single turbo D5 but I agree, the additional 20bhp / 50Nm makes a big difference
Old Mar 5th, 2023, 16:21   #29
H10DMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggit View Post

Now you had it a few days, has it made a difference?
What the mpg done? Says on tin mpg does not go down.

Thanks

David
H10DMD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to H10DMD For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 5th, 2023, 19:47   #30
SWH

I'm finding it's made a big difference. I've got the standard 215bhp so on paper I've gained a marginal increase but it feels far more lively. The biggest plus for me though has been the improvement in the gearbox. Changes are quicker, smoother and better judged. Not sure I can feel a difference in the AWD behaviour though - I'd have to drive back to back to feel any difference I think.