Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Order options options options

Views : 2515

Replies : 36

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 10th, 2018, 17:05   #11
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDProFF View Post
I intend to add Polestar, not too sure it available yet for MY19
The Polestar optimisations are now available for MY19 as per this link including the recently “downgraded” T8 power trains.... https://engineered.polestar.com/intl...delYearId=1726
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 17:09   #12
MaDProFF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
The Polestar optimisations are now available for MY19 as per this link including the recently “downgraded” T8 power trains.... https://engineered.polestar.com/intl...delYearId=1726
I know it has been up on the web site for quite a while now, but can you actually have it installed yet at a dealer, do you know anyone who has and their thoughts?
MaDProFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 18:32   #13
theronin

Quote:
I know it has been up on the web site for quite a while now, but can you actually have it installed yet at a dealer, do you know anyone who has and their thoughts?
Had mine done over a week ago MY19 t5, should of been done from new but wasn't available.
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 18:55   #14
Goodshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by macklij View Post
Thanks for this - appreciated. It's difficult to find examples of the car you want, let alone test drive one... I ended up looking at an Inscription when down in Exeter. Here in London/Kent all I can find are R-Designs and Momentums.

BTW, I see you have ordered the Inscription Pro. It was the wheel size that worried me about the Pro - not only because of comfort but my inability to keep them scrape free! But it will probably have better residuals than an Inscription with many options.
I didn't really want the bigger wheels but wanted the massage seats - bad back. It's all a compromise!
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 22:19   #15
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Dont waste your money on upgraded audio, the standard audio is more than good enough for any car, in fact it is a really good system.
I have had a loan car with the upgraded audio and was not impressed at all considering it was then a £3000 optional extra.
I honestly did not think it was better than my standard system, at least not for what I use a radio for, mainly a bit of background noise. Listening to FM radio. I think my standard system is fantastic. It drowns out the tyre/road noise with great effect. (XC90 inscription)
DAB gives significantly better audio quality compared to FM, no matter which system if fitted to the car.

For my part, I would not spend extra for upgraded stereo on these cars, because it is such a noisy environment in which a good hi-fi is really wasted. That's unless you intend listening for a high proportion of time while the car is parked. That's when you get the real benefit.

Spend the money on a good home hi-fi system instead if you haven't got one.

However, as always, my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it and if this is a really important upgrade for you, the OP, then absolutely go for it.
Old Aug 11th, 2018, 00:10   #16
MaDProFF
Master Member

@Quacker, I assume you are not referring to a T8? as My T8 is really quiet, with no road noise at all, even with the engine running it is still very quiet.
Although Road noise is varied to road surface, I.E M25 section in places between A3 and Reigate, it is horrendous in most vehicles, but again T8 is far quieter than my AMG on 19" Wheels and Van.
I must admit when I read posts about XC90 T8's and road noise it surprises me, wondering what can be so different.

I did add the rear glass option of privacy and tougher glass, not sure if that helps with deafening sound? (cannot remember what option it was)

Last edited by MaDProFF; Aug 11th, 2018 at 00:13.
Old Aug 11th, 2018, 00:21   #17
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
@Quacker, I assume you are not referring to a T8? as My T8 is really quiet, with no road noise at all, even with the engine running it is still very quiet.
Although Road noise is varied to road surface, I.E M25 section in places between A3 and Reigate, it is horrendous in most vehicles, but again T8 is far quieter than my AMG on 19" Wheels and Van.
I must admit when I read posts about XC90 T8's and road noise it surprises me, wondering what can be so different.

I did add the rear glass option of privacy and tougher glass, not sure if that helps with deafening sound? (cannot remember what option it was)
Most XC90 vehicles, no matter what engines are fitted, suffer from quite a bit of road noise on all but the finest grain road surfaces. You have some very noisy sections on the M25 anticlockwise from the M4 junction at the southern end, I know, and if yours isnt really noisy on those, possibly concrete sections, then Volvo must have worked miracles on updating the chassis lately. Mind you, it is possible that the battery pack installation makes a difference and I wouldn’t know about that
Old Aug 11th, 2018, 10:10   #18
MaDProFF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
Most XC90 vehicles, no matter what engines are fitted, suffer from quite a bit of road noise on all but the finest grain road surfaces. You have some very noisy sections on the M25 anticlockwise from the M4 junction at the southern end, I know, and if yours isnt really noisy on those, possibly concrete sections, then Volvo must have worked miracles on updating the chassis lately. Mind you, it is possible that the battery pack installation makes a difference and I wouldn’t know about that
It maybe the section we are talking about but further south pass A3 on and off to A217 mostly between A3 and A24, in my XC60 there is some road tyres over those sections, but far less than any other vehicle I have driven over that section for many years. certainly less Than my AMG even winter tyres.
All I can say is my XC60 is by far the quietest vehicle ever driven even in pure mode there his no external noise.

Is Road Noise mostly contributed by tyres? Suppose suppose suspension rebounding harder back down on to the road might make it worse?
Old Aug 11th, 2018, 15:04   #19
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
DAB gives significantly better audio quality compared to FM, no matter which system if fitted to the car.

For my part, I would not spend extra for upgraded stereo on these cars, because it is such a noisy environment in which a good hi-fi is really wasted. That's unless you intend listening for a high proportion of time while the car is parked. That's when you get the real benefit.

Spend the money on a good home hi-fi system instead if you haven't got one.

However, as always, my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it and if this is a really important upgrade for you, the OP, then absolutely go for it.
I tend to stick to FM as the DAB radio loses its signal a lot in the areas I travel in North Yorkshire, especially over the Yorkshire moors and roads to Pickering Scarborough and Whitby etc. FM does me for what I require.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2018, 19:48   #20
lalith16

Quote:
I too had mine optimised with Polestar at the dealers a week ago and mine is XC60 MY19.

I am still within the two week trial period and I am glad that I went for Polestar, which means I will be keeping it at the end of the trial. I drove my car as it is i.e. without the Polestar for good 3-4 weeks before I had mine optimised. For me, it does exactly what it says on the tin; I felt that it adds that extra umph when needed although the pre & post Optimisation numbers don’t reflect that much, I felt the gearshifts are smoother and faster with improved acceleration.