Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > V40/XC '12>17 General

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo V40 R-Design Pro D4 Geartronic - Opinions/Reviews

Views : 1291

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 6th, 2018, 09:06   #1
rkrohne91

Default Volvo V40 R-Design Pro D4 Geartronic - Opinions/Reviews

Hi,

What do people think of this car model? I've had it just over 6 weeks and I love it to bits. Very comfortable, nice to drive, great mpg on work commute, good power with accelerator keeping down I'd like to ask for honest comments and opinions and maybe your experience.

Thanks,
Rafal
rkrohne91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2018, 00:16   #2
Voltan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkrohne91 View Post
Hi,

What do people think of this car model? I've had it just over 6 weeks and I love it to bits. Very comfortable, nice to drive, great mpg on work commute, good power with accelerator keeping down I'd like to ask for honest comments and opinions and maybe your experience.

Thanks,
Rafal
I'm enjoying our V40 R-Design D4 Pro which we've had for about a month now. Though there's more road noise and a much firmer ride than our XC60 D5 it is comfortable on long trips and the cabin is a nice place to be with the dark headliner and upholstery. The parking brake is a bit intrusive at first compared with an electronic parking brake but you soon get used to it. I would have liked an electric driver seat as I haven't had a car without for decades.

I found the ACC helped make the recent trip relaxed while the BLIS helped keep me alert with the tell-tale blinking in the corner of my eye though the Lane Assist was not that useful, I thought. It took a leap of faith to trust the ACC/Queue assist which seemed to brake later than I would do.

I find the car eager even without resorting to Sports mode and it is fun to drive. It returned a decent 53mpg on our recent trip which included several short journeys to and from our hotel. The XC60 would do about 41mpg on a similar journey.

I still prefer my older XC60 even though it lacks much of the technology but the V40 is welcome addition.
Old May 1st, 2018, 15:00   #3
Bobmac

I have the V40 cc D4 nice car however find rear vision very poor, fuel economy is excellent, harsh ride, would I buy another? possibly not.
Bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2018, 00:22   #4
martin93

I have a 2017 D4 Momentum Nav Plus Geartronic, and while I'm extremely impressed with the way it drives, fuel economy and power, I'm not wild about the build quality and cost cutting compared with my old C30 D3. It seems like just about every panel on the interior is rattling, and what's with the lack of lumbar support and height adjustment in the passenger seat? I also noticed the seat belt height is no longer auto adjusting, and because I have the poverty analogue instrument display, there is no engine temperature gauge. I'm fully aware the engine on a modern car will never overheat unless there's something wrong, but I would like to know when to expect some warm air from the heater in winter.

The most annoying thing is the start stop function though. On the manual version, I believe the engine will cut once the gear lever is in neutral and clutch is up with the handbrake applied, which is perfect. Not my auto. The engine cuts as soon as the car comes to a stop (busy junctions usually which is just charming), or randomly when you are just crawling with the traffic which results in much jolting and starter grinding when you release the pedal quickly to keep moving. I then immediately turn the function off (I'm surprised the button hasn't ended up jammed in the bulkhead the amount of times I've punched it), but then 5 minutes later of course the car doesn't cut out at the traffic lights like it's supposed to because you turned the damn function off... Oh and the washer jets keep adjusting themselves so they squirt pedestrians and traffic behind you.

Apart from that though I love it!