Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2012 Volvo S80 D3 Air Con Issue

Views : 1226

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 26th, 2019, 10:44   #11
Phil Moores

Bearing in mind the car is coming up for 8 years old with 160k on the clock. I thought that it would need the gas topping up. I was surprised when they pumped out 779g and recharged with 801g, which didn't appear to me as a non expert as an excessive amount.
The only other odd thing about this is that when the outside temp is 25C or less then the AC seems to work OK. However parked out in the high 20's early 30'sC it blows warm air for quite a while until I am driving at normal speeds 30+
Phil Moores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2019, 12:05   #12
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Moores View Post
Bearing in mind the car is coming up for 8 years old with 160k on the clock. I thought that it would need the gas topping up. I was surprised when they pumped out 779g and recharged with 801g, which didn't appear to me as a non expert as an excessive amount.
The only other odd thing about this is that when the outside temp is 25C or less then the AC seems to work OK. However parked out in the high 20's early 30'sC it blows warm air for quite a while until I am driving at normal speeds 30+
Yes, you've said all of this ^^^^^ in your opening thread and we've already covered the obvious reasons why this might be.
Your answers have ruled out our suggestions although I can't see how you know the clutch is engaged when you're driving around.

We need credible data now so get it connected to a proper reader which can show what the CCM is doing.
Old Aug 31st, 2019, 15:45   #13
Phil Moores

Just to update - My iCarsoft Diagnostic Tool for Volvo & Saab diagnosed the problem as a U/S Humidity Sensor. The garage I use confirmed this diagnosis with their professional diagnostic equipment.
I purchased Volvo Part No V031369747 O/E SENSOR (£86.40 incl VAT). It is located behind the rear view mirror, in the same housing as the rain sensor and City Safe kit.
It was a simple matter of prising off the plastic cover unplugging the old one and replacing with the new par. 30 mins to complete.
Once fitted used my iCarsoft to reset the fault code, job done.
Phil Moores is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil Moores For This Useful Post:

Tags
air con, s80 d3