Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone else waiting on an XC60?

Views : 37393

Replies : 217

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 20th, 2021, 18:42   #151
Maccaboy10

3 months, ok dealer did say end of Dec and that’s 2.5 months.
Maccaboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2021, 19:01   #152
StewartM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian.7878 View Post
Hi All,
Though i would say that i have collected my new XC60 R-Design Pro today, and im not a happy bunny to say the least!
The following
1) new infotainment system can't/wont play Mp3 files from USB storage, previous Sensus did

all in all not a happy 1st day in a new car!
Have raised a compliant with Volvo Customer Service about the On Call app and was told it was being looked into but may take MONTHS TO FIX!
Hopefully enough people will express their displeasure to Volvo that a patch will be brought out to allow MP3 to be played from USB. Really don't know what Volvo were thinking with that one.
StewartM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StewartM For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 20th, 2021, 19:22   #153
Ian.7878

I know its a total joke, Have found a work a round!
You need to install Youtube Music on there!
then from your PC or where ever you store your music you can then login to youtube music and upload your music!. Take for ever though!
and even then your reliant on the car's SIM signal and internet to be good enough!
Took me best part of 4 hours to work that out! and even now its hit and miss if it will play! about to go on a drive shortly to test things out! a bit better will let you all know how things are going!
Old Oct 20th, 2021, 20:07   #154
MG14

Who uses a USB stick to store their music? You’ll be asking for an 8-track next.
The Following User Says Thank You to MG14 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 20th, 2021, 21:32   #155
StewartM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG14 View Post
Who uses a USB stick to store their music? You’ll be asking for an 8-track next.
What's that supposed to mean? What's wrong with a USB Stick ? Works fine, first I heard they were out of fashion. Where am I supposed to store music ? Certainly not going to clutter up my phone storage.
StewartM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2021, 09:48   #156
Rocinante
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartM View Post
What's that supposed to mean? What's wrong with a USB Stick ? Works fine, first I heard they were out of fashion. Where am I supposed to store music ? Certainly not going to clutter up my phone storage.
I think most people stream their music. I appreciate that some may find drawbacks with that, but I believe that is what is being alluded to.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rocinante For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 21st, 2021, 17:10   #157
ElCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
I think most people stream their music. I appreciate that some may find drawbacks with that, but I believe that is what is being alluded to.
That works fine until you don’t Have a reception on any network. I stream nearly all my music in my Audi through Amazon Music which is built into the car and it is great but it drops off if I lose signal. I have have USB drive as a back up option plugged in or I could use the SD slot. I do think Volvo should have kept at least one alternative option.
ElCap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ElCap For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 21st, 2021, 23:13   #158
Ian.7878

I had a call back from my local dealership today, with regards to the "Complaint" i made to Volvo Uk Customer Service about the issues i mentioned above, Am taking the car back to them Saturday.

ELCap, The OLD SENSUS system let you play from either a USB stick or from a 10Gb partition on the internal hard drive!.

Will let you all know what happens! fingers crossed!
Old Oct 24th, 2021, 03:43   #159
FKM312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian.7878 View Post
Hi All,
Though i would say that i have collected my new XC60 R-Design Pro today, and im not a happy bunny to say the least!
The following
1) new infotainment system can't/wont play Mp3 files from USB storage, previous Sensus did
Someone made an AAOS app that will let you play mp3 from USB. It's called AudioWagon. Google the thread on the polestar forum, email the guy and he'll put you in the open beta so you can install the app on your car. I don't own a car with AAOS, so I can't help you any further in getting the app to work. Hopefully it will be a decent stopgap solution until Volvo/Google get their **** together.

The car definitely doesn't play music from USB on it's own right now. Volvo customer service can't do anything to get it working, just going to waste your time. Google it you can see plenty of complaints about no USB music from polestar 2 and XC40 recharge owners. AudioWagon is your best bet for now. Or youtube music/bluetooth like other posters suggested. Best of luck.
FKM312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2021, 13:50   #160
john1878

I was unaware it didn’t do usb playback, the online manual seemed to say it does. quite shocked really. Just hope the Autowagon app works ok as signal for streaming is rubbish on our regular journeys.
john1878 is offline   Reply With Quote