Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New for me.

Views : 945

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 17th, 2021, 17:45   #1
skippyfox
VOC Member

Default New for me.

Have just got myself a very nice 12 reg C70 SE Lux Solstice, picking it up tomorrow all being well. So I will no doubt be looking for tips and advice in keeping it in good working order. Have always wanted a convertible, so decided to bite the bullet.
skippyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skippyfox For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 04:36   #2
eagle58

Good for you!

How much did you pay and what's the mileage?
eagle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eagle58 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 12:08   #3
zapcity1

Great choice!! Solstice has all the toys too. Envious.

Lots of good info. on this forum, but make sure you address the roof maintenance as most owners don't. Very easy to clean and lubricate the seals yourself but just shout if you need advice.

Let's see some pictures when you can.
The Following User Says Thank You to zapcity1 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 12:56   #4
skippyfox
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle58 View Post
Good for you!

How much did you pay and what's the mileage?
A touch over 10K In immaculate condition, 71K on the clock and full V.S.H. from new. The only thing missing is the mesh wind breaker, so I guess it's a sniff around on E Bay for one. Not really on top of the shopping list at this time of the year, but definitely something to look out for. If I ever figure out how to post a few pictures I'll get a few on the forum.
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 18:17   #5
eagle58

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyfox View Post
A touch over 10K In immaculate condition, 71K on the clock and full V.S.H. from new. The only thing missing is the mesh wind breaker, so I guess it's a sniff around on E Bay for one. Not really on top of the shopping list at this time of the year, but definitely something to look out for. If I ever figure out how to post a few pictures I'll get a few on the forum.
Well done! I hope you enjoy it. 10k would have been out of my reach!!

I bought a generic windbreaker and it should be on your shopping list. The Volvo ones come up now and again for around £250 or more while a generic can be got for around £100 or so.

The genuine one folds down into quarters so is easier to store in the boot but I just fold mine in two and bring it inside.

Look forward to some pics.
Old Oct 19th, 2021, 16:41   #6
skippyfox
VOC Member

The price of a genuine Volvo windbreaker was a bit eye watering... But have just ordered one from the Netherlands off E Bay for £118 including shipping. Not to bitter a pill to swallow
Old Oct 21st, 2021, 02:46   #7
Willber G
Upstanding Member

I managed to get a used genuine one with bag on ebay for a bid of £150. It's worth checking.
The Following User Says Thank You to Willber G For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 3rd, 2021, 01:08   #8
skippyfox
VOC Member

Well nearly 3 weeks into C70 ownership and getting to know the old girl. A bloody joy to drive, just a more laid back way of getting around. Having played around with the sound system, I've come to the conclusion it is an effective way to clear the earwax out of the lugholes... Have got hold of a windbreaker for the car, just waiting for a nice day to pop the roof and go Al Fresco.
Old Nov 3rd, 2021, 03:18   #9
eagle58

I'd go for a remap next. It gives the C70 a lot more oomph for not a lot of cash.
Old Nov 3rd, 2021, 16:41   #10
JohnM 855 T5R
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyfox View Post
Ah, that's encouraging. I have a 61 plate C70 SE Lux Solstice T5 with Polestar upgrade and full V.S.H. (oh and the Volvo windbreaker). Only 2 owners including me (well 3 if you count Volvo themselves - it was the UK Solstice launch car). I've had it since 27,000 miles and it's now at 98,200. What engine is yours?

Keep and eye out for door locks that open the door as you are driving (not dangerous as it just goes onto the safety latch). I've had 3 replacements - 2 drivers door and 1 passenger. There was a recall on these locks.
Also, I've had several instances of the car going into limp mode due once to a faulty throttle pedal module and twice with bad connections on the throttle pedal connector. All sorted at nil cost as I had a Selekt warranty. All is well now.
Otherwise, pretty trouble free.

Regards
John
11 C70 Solstice T5 Polestar
19 XC40 T5 R-Design Polestar
JohnM 855 T5R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnM 855 T5R For This Useful Post: