Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2022 XC90 R-Design Pro

Views : 2750

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 19th, 2021, 16:22   #11
MrM83

Congrats on your new purchase. I’m confused as I was under the impression MY22 T8’s with 455bhp and bigger battery weren’t being delivered until March-ish next year? The video above seemed to show that the drive mode was selected through the console which seemed a bit onerous.
MrM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2021, 16:57   #12
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvocamper View Post
Ah well I think that tells its own story then D76, it will be tailored and you could not tell the difference so perhaps neither would I. That said I am now looking at poss switching to Inscription Pro instead.
I was considering doing the same! But stuck with RD in the end as they deleted the option to add metal mesh, brown leather and a particular NCO 21” wheel design that I wanted. Would have been stuck with the woody stuff inside (not as nice as the old matt walnut) and wheels I wasn’t keen on.

Also, oddly, the lease quotes in T8 form jumped up disproportionately for the Inscription Pro, or at least they did around this time last year when I was ordering.

Good luck with the decision!
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2021, 17:24   #13
volvocamper
Master Member

If anyone is following the thread, yesterday we went and saw a MY22 R Design Pro XC90 with the tailored (leather free) steering wheel. It was good and tbh unless you have ocd like me you would not know the difference. I guess over time the leather free wheel may keep its ‘new look/feel’ for longer than the leather. Volvo themselves made it clear their direction is away from leather and towards sustainable materials so I feel very ‘of the moment’ As has been discussed on here already other areas are also now leather free that were previously leather. The salesman also pointed out that exposed exhaust ends are also gone (Volvo want to make their electric and IC engined cars indistinguishable and while I was initially sceptical about that, I think it may make the rear of the car look smoother. Also noticed their models are also now indistinguishable with no R-Line / Inscription etc badging. I feel very old skool. Anyway the order remains in place for the 22 model replacement for my beloved 2018.
volvocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2021, 20:47   #14
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvocamper View Post
If anyone is following the thread, yesterday we went and saw a MY22 R Design Pro XC90 with the tailored (leather free) steering wheel. It was good and tbh unless you have ocd like me you would not know the difference. I guess over time the leather free wheel may keep its ‘new look/feel’ for longer than the leather. Volvo themselves made it clear their direction is away from leather and towards sustainable materials so I feel very ‘of the moment’ As has been discussed on here already other areas are also now leather free that were previously leather. The salesman also pointed out that exposed exhaust ends are also gone (Volvo want to make their electric and IC engined cars indistinguishable and while I was initially sceptical about that, I think it may make the rear of the car look smoother. Also noticed their models are also now indistinguishable with no R-Line / Inscription etc badging. I feel very old skool. Anyway the order remains in place for the 22 model replacement for my beloved 2018.
I had a very close look today and after 7000 miles or so, with a little wear, smoothing and shining of the ‘leather’ I had to study the wheel with my phone torch to be absolutely sure it was faux leather, and it is, but heck it’s a very good match indeed and pretty indistinguishable from the gear selector which I think is real leather…or then again maybe it’s not!!

I’ve realised of course that this material doesn’t scuff in the way that the real leather did, with a catch of a fingernail or similar, I hadn’t really thought about that before this thread!
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Director76 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 20th, 2021, 20:50   #15
MrM83

Thanks Volvocamper. I’m still confused, do dealers have MY22 cars to look round then (Android interface, 450bhp, larger battery)?
Old Oct 20th, 2021, 22:04   #16
volvocamper
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM83 View Post
Thanks Volvocamper. I’m still confused, do dealers have MY22 cars to look round then (Android interface, 450bhp, larger battery)?
We are on holiday this week near London and the Volvo garage in Orpington have a brand new R-Design Pro in their showroom. The salesman said it had just come in and was the latest model - it certainly had the concealed exhaust pipes (just a plain panel).
volvocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2021, 07:24   #17
MrM83

There’s been some new unregistered cars come on with the new rear bumper without exhaust pipes. The recently posted video of the MY22 model claimed it was so that the car body would be the same regardless of PHEV or fully electric.

Would be very interesting if the new Android unit and power train.
Old Oct 21st, 2021, 08:00   #18
Lozzingers

My MY22 T8 I picked up in July had the concealed rear exhaust pipes - so a smooth bumper. It is still sensus, and it's unlikely any in stock T8's at present are the upgraded 450hp engines. I believe sensus is staying with the XC90's, it's just the 60's that have got Android so far?
Ex:MY22 XC90 T8 R Design-Grey
Ex:MY17 XC90 D5 PP -Grey
Lozzingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2021, 22:04   #19
Kourou

Dealers have told me that the 2022 cars in stock do not yet include the new hybrid drivetrain with extra power and range.

Those are expected to be delivered from March 2022-ish, and one claimed they would be labelled MY2023, though that seems unlikely so early in the year. MY22.5 seems more credible, though it may not even get a MY designation of its own. The timing of the XC90 replacement (announcement end next year?) will make it more confusing too.

Whatever it is called, anything ordered now from factory will have the improved power/range, per the Volvo press release.

And yes, it seems there is no sign of the Android system ever coming to the XC90. That's disappointing, but I'll be just as annoyed if it suddenly becomes available just after we receive our car, especially as even wireless Android Auto isn't available 😭 In my dreams, they will provide Android or wireless Auto as a software upgrade, but I doubt it.
Kourou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2021, 11:31   #20
Oop north

As someone has said the leather generally is going - not available on the new c40 recharge P8 at all. And if you choose wool seats on xc90 inscription the leather steering wheel is replacement non-leather. I think on the inscription pro it’s leather all round…
Oop north is offline   Reply With Quote