Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Cassette tape .

Views : 3950

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 20th, 2007, 20:51   #1
Mike1967
Premier Member

Default Cassette tape .

Went to see a Volvo 240 estate for sale , and the owner showed me the owners manual etc.................but it also had a Volvo owners cassette tape attatched to the inner cover . Does anyone else have one of these cassettes and if so whats actually said on it ?
Mike1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 22:53   #2
Glen Morangie
Economy motorist

Yes I got three cassettes with my 1990 240 estate, the Volvo one had details of the lifetime care offered at the time - basically any component was warranted for it's expected life, however old the car was, so if for example the rear axle went after 50K miles, and it's expected life was 150K miles, Volvo would pay two thirds of the replacement cost.

- only an example, I don't know what the expected life was for any components.

It came with a blue hard back book about Volvos, and the other two cassettes were part of the 'family estate' package, with children's songs on them. (The family estate package included a free loadcover, rear facing seat, a second Volvo child seat - one was free with all Volvo's back then - a Volvo teddy bear and two children's cassettes).
Glen Morangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2007, 22:59   #3
Velorum
VOC Member

Believe it or not my 88 estate still qualifies for the lifetime warranty having an up to date main dealer service record! However, at 200K I suspect that not much is covered!
Old May 20th, 2007, 23:01   #4
Mike1967
Premier Member

Thanks so much for the reply , I was begining to think nobody here knew !

So are these cassettes a bit of a rareity nowadys ? Im still not sure as to buying the car yet or not . Im sure Ian on here is sick to death of me PMing him asking what he thinks !

Sorry Ian !
Old May 20th, 2007, 23:02   #5
Mike1967
Premier Member

I thought you where doing a deal with that estate Ian ! Whats happening now then .
Old May 20th, 2007, 23:08   #6
Glen Morangie
Economy motorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprimanuk View Post
So are these cassettes a bit of a rareity nowadys ?
I don't know if they are rare - I think I still have one somewhere, but they don't serve any useful purpose other than a bit of Volvo brand awareness - the Volvo being latin 'I roll' is mentioned for example. If I find it maybe I'll make an MP3 file for anyone who wants to listen to it! No promises though!
Old May 20th, 2007, 23:09   #7
Velorum
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprimanuk View Post
I thought you where doing a deal with that estate Ian ! Whats happening now then .
Swapping it next Saturday Mike!

I'll be sorry to see it go but really need another auto at this point. I continue to look for a third saloon and in the event that the right GLT came up would consider a manual - as it wouldnt be used on a regular basis.....
Old May 20th, 2007, 23:09   #8
Mike1967
Premier Member

Thanks a mp3 file would be just great , im sure not just for me but for other die hard Volvo enthusiasts like myself to listen to .
Old May 20th, 2007, 23:11   #9
Mike1967
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hutchinson View Post
Swapping it next Saturday Mike!

I'll be sorry to see it go but really need another auto at this point. I continue to look for a third saloon and in the event that the right GLT came up would consider a manual - as it wouldnt be used on a regular basis.....

Right right , glad you came to an arrangement afterwards with it , I thin kby your postings you where getting a little desperate !
You take it easy now old man ! LOL .
Old May 20th, 2007, 23:13   #10
Glen Morangie
Economy motorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hutchinson View Post
Believe it or not my 88 estate still qualifies for the lifetime warranty having an up to date main dealer service record! However, at 200K I suspect that not much is covered!
Yes, but the services have to have been done without exceeding 50 miles of the recommended service intervals. If the mileage on your car is low then it may still qualify, but most don't (including my own).