Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

SW AUTOS COME UP TRUMPS ......AGAIN!!!!!!!

Views : 2093

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 9th, 2005, 23:20   #1
RIJKO

Default SW AUTOS COME UP TRUMPS ......AGAIN!!!!!!!

Well.....They've done it again..... Stuart Williams and his team at SW Autos have sorted my car again. Firstly, they have sorted out a niggling problem that two volvo dealers and six visits to them have not been able to sort out...depite having changed many parts and having the car for ages. I had to take my car out for another test drive tonight just to check that the problem had really disappeared.....its sorted!!!!

Secondly, Stuart has advised on upgrade issues and just fitted some beefy anti roll bars on my car imported from the US under his guidance.....He's made my volvo handle like it should have done when it rolled off the factory line.

Great team and I highly recommend SW Autos. Thats why I drive 1.5 hours each way to take my car there....and its worth it..

If you have any questions about what Stuart Williams has done to the car...I'm sure he'll be happy to assist.

WWW.swautos.co.uk

Happy driving

Ricardo
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 08:00   #2
don kalmar union
Trader

Default RE: SW AUTOS COME UP TRUMPS ......AGAIN!!!!!!!

Good day Ricardo,

It would do the Volvo community some good if you also posted up about your experience with Stewart Williams on www.VolvoT5.co.uk. unless you also are banned from that site.

That site is continuing to edit good reference to SW's business and to actually host related uninformed and damaging posts contributed by at least one of their own moderators.

Don.Norchi.

www.kalmar-union.com

TME engineered software UK distributor.
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 08:49   #3
nikgallagher

It does make me laugh reading all of the sharp comments that are posted on this forum with regard to www.volvot5.co.uk. How unrelated to the original post is this comment from Mr Norchi? I know that there are a number of people that visit both sites, and therefore will hear the merits of all the tuning companies that choose to post (or advertise depending on how you read the posts). I think you lads need to meet up and either scrap it out or shake and have a pint.
nikgallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 09:55   #4
don kalmar union
Trader

Mr.Gallagher,

I draw a very close relationship between Ricardo's original post and my own.

For the very clear stated facts that I put.

If you post on this site and there is no offensive content the post remains for others to read and make further comment if they wish.

This site is run by the Volvo Owners Club. Yes, it takes money for advertising, from myself amongst others, but it does not have a policy of editing or moderating posts that could be seen as against the interests of a sponsor or advertiser, or those that are at variance with the views of the owner of the site.

It is in this context that I regret that I cannot post without being accused of making points associated with my own business. But, this forum is the only one at present in the UK where Volvo owners can be assured of participating in a medium that is patently not influenced and sensored for the commercial benefit of a single party or to support the narrow views of its owner.

Don.Norchi.

www.kalmar-union.com

TME engineered software UK distributor.
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 10:54   #5
Traduk

Don,

On the subject of moderating and editing posts.

You appear to be determined to keep bringing your issues with VolvoT5 forum to the fore and presumably try to find favour with people on this forum.

In the thread "Problems with VolvoT5 forum" you bumped that thread back up the list with an edit on one of your posts on the 7th June. Did you forget a comma?.

On the 9th of June the original post by stu850t5r was edited and that again bumped the thread back up. However the credit for the edit is shown in the tree header box as by Don kalmar union @ 10.19 PM. Neat trick which is either an error in the database or a bit of manipulation by some method that may or should breach this forum'e rules.

You appear to be absolutely determined to start a flame war between this forum and the other and I think that your actions are a disgrace.

I frequent both forums and find that this one is only too often a scene of rancour, back-biting and vitriol. There is always a common or is it two common factors and I am surprised that they are welcome anywhere let alone here.

Liam
Traduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 16:39   #6
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

Ricardo,

I'm glad that your car is slowly evolving into something that you enjoy more and more. It does sound like you have made excellent decisions on what to go for and I'd love for you to take me for a spin in the car if you can make it to the Crooked Billet.
pyaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 16:40   #7
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

Liam,

Two questions to follow your post:

1. Are both Stuart and Don not stating facts, as they stand, in the thread you make reference to?
2. Won't this be resolved by a justifiable explanation for the partisan sanitisation of posts, from either the site owner or any of the moderators?

I am intrigued to read your comments about a 'flame war' being "started" on this site; you obviously are unaware of threads on VT5 with very 'flowery' language and unsubstantiated claims particularly about Stuart and his business, mainly by moderators and some others, the majority of whom have never met him nor been to his garage. Would you not class such actions as 'disgraceful'?

At the very least, be glad that your opinions are left alone on these fora, they would have been deleted within minutes on the other; as I said in one of my previous posts, if such actions are not akin to the definition of 'double-standards', I don't know what is.

As for your particular accusation of Don being the one who 'bumped up' the thread by editing it, should you be wrong about it, I think you should 'gracefully' issue him an apology.
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 17:06   #8
Traduk

What happens on other forums belongs on other forums. If anyone feels that they have been treated unfairly then they should take up the matter with whoever owns the forum and not aim to spread vitriol.

Complaining here about what happens elsewhere cannot have any purpose other than to try to influence people here and create prejudice. It is a negative act that cannot have a positive outcome.

>>As for your particular accusation of Don being the one who 'bumped up' the thread by editing it, should you be wrong about it, I think you should 'gracefully' issue him an apology<<

Look yourself and you will see the edits. The one on the 7th June is in number 9 and the latest in the originating post. Of course I would apologise if I was wrong but I do not expect to have need for an apology.

Traduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 19:48   #9
stu850t5r

Hi Liam

I have emailed the owner but to no avail which is why i started the thread here in the first place.

Ps I edited the other post last night, it was certainly not Don.

Thanks Stuart
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 19:57   #10
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

>What happens on other forums belongs on other forums. If
>anyone feels that they have been treated unfairly then they
>should take up the matter with whoever owns the forum and not
>aim to spread vitriol.
>
>Complaining here about what happens elsewhere cannot have any
>purpose other than to try to influence people here and create
>prejudice. It is a negative act that cannot have a positive
>outcome.

When I was banned subsequent to posting the results of my car on Immy's site, I wrote to the webmaster of VT5 and have received no reply to this day. In Stuart's case, he was seeking help to get in touch with parties on VT5 who had previously asked for help, because he was unable to access their site. I assume this was done because he knew that there were users of both forums on this VOC site and it may have been possible for someone to assist him in getting the message across. You will see that in the thread titled 'Post Your Cars' Rolling Road Data Results', post number 9 was an attempt by the main sponsor of VT5 to get in touch with someone they could not otherwise contact. Hence, its only prudent to use another site to establish contact if that is the most likely route for success. I do think that this whole issue can have a positive outcome if logical and justifiable reasons are given for inexplicable actions; however it seems like there is a reluctance to even attempt that.

Subsequent posts from other forum users have further indicated that there was a strong possibility that the deletion of Stuart's post was unsubstantiated and that is why I raised the two questions in my earlier post and I'd expect you'd have some comments on those. This coupled with the fact that unjustified claims and profanity have been levelled at a well respected tuner from this site, by moderators from VT5, to me constitutes 'disgraceful' behaviour as you have put it; hence can I assume that not condemning such actions means you condone them?