Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

really really pi**ed off

Views : 3896

Replies : 49

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 7th, 2011, 14:54   #11
yragyrag90

****ing hell.
I'm actually fuming at this end.
You know, just yesterday I was saying to my dad that your car was looking spot on after the T-cutting and stripes/lights and everything you've done. And for him to have a look when you come over to take the bits from the garage you want.

Personally; I live on a rough estate, and worry about people damaging mine. If someone went to the trouble of purposefully causing as much damage as they could, I'd worry about them doing it again, if I repaired it.
With that in mind, I'd give them a good kicking (This is my view and in no way linked to the organisers/owners of this forum or anyone else who gets on here) and make it well known that the same would be dished out to anyone else who finds it entertaining to damage something they could never hope to have.
If I knew who had done it, (99.9% would be enough) I'd ensure I received adequate compensation for the damage.

On a more clear headed note, if you have an eye witness, and obvious damage, I'd get on the back of the police about doing something. Write a letter of complaint (if you can be bothered), go to the local papers. It's damage of personal property. If there's a chance that the person could be identified the police should make an arrest and investigate.
yragyrag90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yragyrag90 For This Useful Post:
Old May 7th, 2011, 15:34   #12
stevo48
Premier Member

Oh that is just sickening, i feel for you, I had similar damage done to the 1st V40 I ever owned.
Some lowlifes have no respect for themselves or anyone else as i witnessed yesterday, I was stationary at the traffic lights in halifax town centre when a group of 4 youths set off running down the opposite side of the road, they ran up and over several empty parked cars, I dread to think how the vehicle owners must have felt when they got back to their cars.
Sorry to hear of your plight 240, i do hope the insurance company plays fair with you.
stevo48 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stevo48 For This Useful Post:
Old May 7th, 2011, 17:37   #13
Beetledrive

Very sorry to hear your news.

Just a thought, but if you are worried about it happening again, have you thought about purchasing a decent car cover and straps. I paid about £150 for the one on my Bug and it has lasted about 7 years so far, although it might be more for a 240 given the size. If it's covered up and requires unstrapping it might be a deterrent (unless they are really determined). It also stops the birds leaving treats on your paint work. Failing that I suppose is a garage
Beetledrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2011, 18:00   #14
wooble
Stay gold baby!

If I witnessed something like that being done to my car, I'm not sure they'd be able to identify the remains of the culprit. Whatever happened to respect for the property of others? Some little toerag etched a nice big X in the paint of my nearside rear door about 6 months ago, can't afford to have it painted though. I'm gutted for you, I've seen all the hard work you've put into that car since you got it.
wooble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wooble For This Useful Post:
Old May 7th, 2011, 18:37   #15
BOB MY BIG OLD BUS

The really annoying thing is that it usually is garaged but because ive got the glt on the drive and breaking its blocking the garage. Im insured with footman james who use royal sun aliance i have a guaranteed value of 1700 so should get it fixed. Needless to say ill be ringing fist thing monday.
Old May 7th, 2011, 20:08   #16
czech240
Master Member

TW*TS.......

sorry to hear your woes dude.... give them a good kicking....should make you feel at least a little better!
czech240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2011, 20:21   #17
zetor160

A sad reflection of the times we live in ...

It just seems to be Chavs rule these days..

I would be gutted at this - you have my sympathies
zetor160 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zetor160 For This Useful Post:
Old May 7th, 2011, 21:35   #18
honestjoe
MY 240 DRIVES ME!

Very sorry to hear this event..The bonehead does not deserve arms..I hope he has a low sperm count ,and when you stated that you"re not meant to have nice things really gets me down..just wait till that goblin gets a nice car!!..you"ll get yours..you precast powdered plank!..hj.

Last edited by honestjoe; May 7th, 2011 at 21:38. Reason: over emotional
honestjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to honestjoe For This Useful Post:
Old May 8th, 2011, 22:14   #19
rusty244

Sorry to hear this.

My car suffered as a result of some idiot neighbours when I was at uni who decided to jump up and down on the bonnet and tear off my windscreen wipers. I was tucked up in bed asleep at the time so I didn't see which person from the shared house of 7 people were responsible. It was final exam period in my last year and i really didn't need the hassle.

The police were not interested in investigating - I suppose it wasn't the crime of the century but it was quite upsetting, costly and inconvenient for me at the time. Some months later I mentioned this to someone who knew a bit more about the workings of the law who said if I was to have informed the police that I thought the crime was racially motivated or as a result of religious beliefs they would be obliged to investigate. I would probably have pursued this if I had known, if only so the scumbags would have had a knock on the door from the old bill.
rusty244 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rusty244 For This Useful Post:
Old May 9th, 2011, 01:47   #20
940_Turbo

If every panel is damaged as well as dented £1700 will be very marginal for getting that repaired. I hope not for you obviously, but I reckon the insurance company will look seriously at writing it off.
940_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote