Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

anyone interested in an s40

Views : 614

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 28th, 2012, 12:35   #1
purple volva

Default anyone interested in an s40

Hi Volvo owners club,I have a metallic purple volvo s40. its only a 1.6 but it is in mint condition.it has 61k on the clock, one owner from new, full main dealer service history, and totally standard,I was going to put it on auto trader but it seems a shame, with a weekend of cleaning it would make a great car to someone that loves volvos.
its a rare thing to find a car like this, and would rather it go to an enthusiast.
I hope that i have come to the right place and someone can help as i do need to sell the car. if you want anymore information please call alex on 07872579446 or email me.
i will give it a couple of days then i will have to list on auto trader.

/Users/alexthorntonlittle/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2012/04/26/20120426-182519/IMG_0706.JPG

/Users/alexthorntonlittle/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2012/04/26/20120426-182530/IMG_0708.JPG

/Users/alexthorntonlittle/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Previews/2012/04/28/20120428-122019/IMG_0722.jpg
purple volva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 12:51   #2
sunnyvic
VOC Member

Smile s40

put up more details about the car ie manual/auto tax test condition and pictues if possible also also how much are you asking all the details that you possibly can .You are actually in wrong forum go to technical topics and scroll down until you come to s40 sales and place on there..regards sunnyvic VOC Disabled register
sunnyvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 12:58   #3
Volvo2002
Young Volvo driver

As sunny says put it into the sales section. You'll get a lot more interest in there . Good luck on selling her though

"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. – Bill Cosby"
Volvo2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 14:44   #4
Volvoline
Master Member

Purple volva... LOL
Volvoline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 15:08   #5
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,

Moved to sales, but maybe the wrong year as so little info has been supplied by the seller.
But thanks to him we now know the profile path to his Windows Vista/Windows 7 profile..

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 08:59   #6
purple volva

thanks for your help, and will list all details i can.

Windows Vista/Windows 7 profile.? i dont have windows vista.
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 09:31   #7
purple volva

Hi everyone
right its a 1.6 metallic purple s40, 61k on the clock, full main dealer service history. 12 months MOT(went straight through) will come with 6 months tax, 1 owner from new, 5 speed manual, electric front windows, electric mirrors, electric sun roof, all documents that came with the car from new.

interior is in great condition i dont think the back seats have been sat in.
the front drivers seat could do with a shampoo, original stereo, original spare wheel which has never been used with tools.

exterior has no rust anywhere, the paint work looks original to(i run my own bodyshop, so looks good to me) has a few shallow shopping trolly dents, but you do have to look down the panel for these, a minor scuff on rear lower corner of bumper, again nothing major. i gave it a full machine polish and took the scratches out. it has original wheel trims which have no marks.
all for tyres have lots of tread left.

i feel that if you wanted a mint original volvo, the basics are here and only needs some TLC. a shame to sell it to someone that will use it as a builders car or a shopping trolly and abuse it, but it has to go so if no interest then i will put on autotrader.
i dont know what its worth thats why i came on here to ask people that will know, or may know someone that will want it.

cant upload images but i can send them to an email address if interested.