Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2006 V70 D5 SE 185 6spd

Views : 792

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 16th, 2024, 08:38   #1
StockholmSyndrome
Spanner

Default 2006 V70 D5 SE 185 6spd

Available from mid April

Located in south Bristol.

Information & History:
2006 V70 D5 185bhp 6spd Manual in Grey
Black leather interior
Cruise Control
Heated seats
Phone prep + Satnav (requires HU850 repair to function)
(currently fitted with Pioneer head unit in VGC)
Original detachable towbar
Climate control
Dimming rear view mirror
Current mileage 210,000 but will rise as still in use
Genuine cambelt kit at 200,600
Genuine clutch, DMF, gearbox oil and rear main seal at 205,000
Genuine coolant flush at 207,000
New battery 197,600
Genuine oil, filter and fuel filter 209,000
Tyres approx 4-5mm all round
O/S track rod end at 203,000
Both outer CV boots 203,000
Book pack with good service history
Tracking done last week
Rear KYB springs and Sachs shock absorbers fitted 209,000
HPI clear

Reason for sale:
The car has required a lot of work in the last 4 months and has now developed an intermittent misfire, as well as being due it's MOT. I have booked the car for it's MOT and depending on the cost, I hope to sell the car with a fresh ticket. I will update the advert whatever the result. I have attempted to diagnose the misfire which seems to occur under load, and around once a fortnight it can cut out, however this seems to happen when the fuel level is low, and once restarted, the car runs well.

When starting the car from cold, the engine misfires for around 10 seconds and puffs of blue smoke are emitted from the exhaust, however the car has never failed to start, and after 10 seconds it runs smoke-free throughout the day.

Other things worth mentioning are the tailgate gas struts which have failed (around £25 per side) and there is an oil leak by the vacuum pump.

Taking all this into consideration, I have reluctantly decided to part ways with the car and bought something much smaller and less advanced.

With a new MOT I would like to offer the car to a fellow enthusiast for £900 or nearest offer.

Last edited by StockholmSyndrome; Mar 16th, 2024 at 08:41.
StockholmSyndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 09:07   #2
StockholmSyndrome
Spanner

Quick update, MOT has been booked for 12th April and current mileage is now 211,000
Old Apr 10th, 2024, 00:23   #3
Beenzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockholmSyndrome View Post
Available from mid April

Located in south Bristol.

Information & History:
2006 V70 D5 185bhp 6spd Manual in Grey
Black leather interior
Cruise Control
Heated seats
Phone prep + Satnav (requires HU850 repair to function)
(currently fitted with Pioneer head unit in VGC)
Original detachable towbar
Climate control
Dimming rear view mirror
Current mileage 210,000 but will rise as still in use
Genuine cambelt kit at 200,600
Genuine clutch, DMF, gearbox oil and rear main seal at 205,000
Genuine coolant flush at 207,000
New battery 197,600
Genuine oil, filter and fuel filter 209,000
Tyres approx 4-5mm all round
O/S track rod end at 203,000
Both outer CV boots 203,000
Book pack with good service history
Tracking done last week
Rear KYB springs and Sachs shock absorbers fitted 209,000
HPI clear

Reason for sale:
The car has required a lot of work in the last 4 months and has now developed an intermittent misfire, as well as being due it's MOT. I have booked the car for it's MOT and depending on the cost, I hope to sell the car with a fresh ticket. I will update the advert whatever the result. I have attempted to diagnose the misfire which seems to occur under load, and around once a fortnight it can cut out, however this seems to happen when the fuel level is low, and once restarted, the car runs well.

When starting the car from cold, the engine misfires for around 10 seconds and puffs of blue smoke are emitted from the exhaust, however the car has never failed to start, and after 10 seconds it runs smoke-free throughout the day.

Other things worth mentioning are the tailgate gas struts which have failed (around £25 per side) and there is an oil leak by the vacuum pump.

Taking all this into consideration, I have reluctantly decided to part ways with the car and bought something much smaller and less advanced.

With a new MOT I would like to offer the car to a fellow enthusiast for £900 or nearest offer.

Looks nice that does, I'll keep an eye on how it does in the MOT, quite tempted

Cheers
Beenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2024, 11:27   #4
StockholmSyndrome
Spanner

Update on MOT, the car passed with an advisory on the aforementioned oil leak and a rear tyre which I will replace with a spare I have in the garage. I will spend this weekend emptying all my stuff out and giving it a good clean, the car will then be parked up and not used, the current mileage is around 211,300.
Old Apr 22nd, 2024, 19:08   #5
StockholmSyndrome
Spanner

Another update, my replacement car has been delayed so I have resumed using the V70 until the start of May, I will update the mileage once I know the car is ready to be sold.

Unfortunately I have waited for two VOC members to collect, only for neither of them to ever turn up. I will advertise the car elsewhere when I am ready to sell and update the advert if the car sells.
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 09:56   #6
Veefor
VOC Member

Private message sent
Veefor is offline   Reply With Quote