Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Riverside dissatisfaction

Views : 3320

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 31st, 2020, 19:52   #1
Geordiesteve

Default Riverside dissatisfaction

So I love the car and I felt the deal to be a fair one. However the customer service at Wakefield Riverside Volvo is very very poor... Or in my experience anyway.

I traded in my BMW in November for a stunning white pearlescent 19 plate R design V90 D4 with Winter and convenience pack. Initially the customer service was good..... As it always is when thry want a sale, but during negotiation and prior to hand over I was quite specific on car preperation and what I felt was acceptable. I made this clear and it was at that point the relationship became frosty. At no point was I rude, just assertive.

I took the car for test drive and was happy so arranged collection during which I stated that as it was raining on test drive and dark on completion of handover I'd wash the car the following morning and feedback any cosmetic concerns ( as it happens there were non and the bodywork was faultless) this caused such a stink where the sales manager came over saying this wasn't acceptable and i had to be 100% sure the car was fine before I left. I pointed out this was impossible and after some huffing and puffing he accepted this. As I say I couldn't fault the car.

I was told at handover once the retention cert came back to me for my private plate I needed to send in my original V5. His exact words were " send it in and we will take care of everything"

Once I took the car there was ZERO contact to see how the car was, was the ownership what I expected etc. The minimum you'd expect when spending the thick end of 30k on a 5 month old car!!

A week later I thought there was some frosting inside the headlight cluster which as it happens there wasn't, so I emailed the salesman ( still no customer call with a nice happy sale an to ask how it was going) all I got in response was "if there's any issues take it to your local dealer" and trust me it was as blunt as that.

So imagine my rage today when I thought I'd chase things up with the DVLA as I'd not received a refund on my trade in road fund licence, to be told the BMW was still registered to me, and I'd only get a refund from when they recieve everything through.... Which thry still haven't almost 3 months in. They said I'd not get the refund back from the exchange date either.

I mailed the dealer principle and gave him both barrels, surely this cannot be acceptable!! 🤷*♂️
Geordiesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2020, 20:38   #2
adambsmith

Coincidentally, a colleague complained about the same dealer today at work.

Colleague’s husband was changing cars and couldn’t get a straight answer from the sales people as to price due to Brexit. He’s now on his second Audi A4 rather than his first Volvo.
Old Jan 31st, 2020, 21:25   #3
Paddybear

Sounds frustrating. Did you complete s9 of the V5C and notify DVLA of the trade in?
Paddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2020, 22:38   #4
Geordiesteve

No, the salesman said sign it and send it in and we will take care of it, so that's what I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddybear View Post
Sounds frustrating. Did you complete s9 of the V5C and notify DVLA of the trade in?
Old Jan 31st, 2020, 22:52   #5
Paddybear

Ah....but it is your legal responsibility to do it irrespective of what a salesman says. Any motor offences (speeding, parking, etc) would also still fall to the legal owner to accept/disprove. Might be worth checking the dvla website to see what you need to do.
Paddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2020, 23:58   #6
Geordiesteve

Yeah I've rang and it's just a signed letter stating the date of exchange. I'm more annoyed with the entire level of service, including the misinformation and fact thry haven't processed the V5.
Let's not forget this is a main dealer network!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddybear View Post
Ah....but it is your legal responsibility to do it irrespective of what a salesman says. Any motor offences (speeding, parking, etc) would also still fall to the legal owner to accept/disprove. Might be worth checking the dvla website to see what you need to do.
Old Feb 1st, 2020, 09:36   #7
dchbrown

They are my closest dealer so get used for servicing and they appear to do the minimum required of acceptable customer service for that.
Old Feb 3rd, 2020, 09:51   #8
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Hi,

With regards to the ownership of your previous car/your private plate:

Have you had the registration document back for your old car in a standard plate - This would be the one that would need to be transferred into the trade (as opposed to the V5 showing your private plate) to enable to refund of the tax. You wouldn't have had this back until you'd retained the plate from it, so presumably you'd have not had this at point of the handover?

Have you had a registration document through for your new car with your private plate on, as this would then confirm that the plate has been put on successfully?

Kind Regards

Marc

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2020, 10:41   #9
Dastardly Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordiesteve View Post
No, the salesman said sign it and send it in and we will take care of it, so that's what I did!
Well, it's your own fault then. The legal obligation is on you, the registered keeper, to inform the DVLA. The dealer themselves won't "process" the V5 as if they did it would acquire yet another keeper, which might adversely affect the value.
Dastardly Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2020, 10:43   #10
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly Diesel View Post
Well, it's your own fault then. The legal obligation is on you, the registered keeper, to inform the DVLA. The dealer themselves won't "process" the V5 as if they did it would acquire yet another keeper, which might adversely affect the value.
But they should notify the DVLA that the vehicle has been put into the trade (if they've said thats what they're going to do) - This doesn't add an owner to the vehicle, but simply states that its no longer owned by the previous keeper and initiates the refund of full months remaining road fund/cancels direct debit depending on how the Road Fund is paid.

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post: