Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 300/66 Series General > 300/66 Series Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

360 gle fuel part

Views : 2435

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 5th, 2016, 16:01   #1
Dr Mike

Default 360 gle fuel part

Where can I get a replacement for part no 1389909 on a 2.0L carb 360 GLE 1988? It sits between the fuel tank return pipe, fuel pump and carb ? Pressure control or vapour return?
My local Volvo dealer says they cannot be obtained, and or the part number may have changed.
Any advice welcome as bypassed the engine just races revving faster and faster.
Cheers
Dr Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2016, 17:22   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Mike View Post
Where can I get a replacement for part no 1389909 on a 2.0L carb 360 GLE 1988? It sits between the fuel tank return pipe, fuel pump and carb ? Pressure control or vapour return?
My local Volvo dealer says they cannot be obtained, and or the part number may have changed.
Any advice welcome as bypassed the engine just races revving faster and faster.
Cheers
1389909 has indeed been changed , but they would know that if they looked up the old number on their parts system , maybe they couldn't be bothered . Anyway here is the new number : 3531189

Can you post up a picture of the unit , where did you get your part number from ? Yes it is a vapour separator , does the pipe to the carb go into the lower or upper pipe on the cannister ?

Taking off a pipe or bypassing should not have any effect on the engine speed , Have you run a pipe directly from the fuel pump to the Carb? I assume teh cannister is leaking?
Old Nov 5th, 2016, 18:53   #3
Dr Mike

I know it is Facebook but I have no ftp at present. the top hose goes back to the tank the middle from the pump and the bottom to the carb.
Thanks
Old Nov 5th, 2016, 18:54   #4
Dr Mike

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old Nov 5th, 2016, 21:17   #5
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:

I know it is Facebook but I have no ftp at present. the top hose goes back to the tank the middle from the pump and the bottom to the carb.
Thanks
That's correct , the reason i asked was because the parts drawing has the pipes the wrong way around :-)

you should be able to connect the pump directly to the carb and blank off the return pipe to the tank. Only in hot weather do you need the vapour separator .
The engine revving must be something else ???
Old Nov 5th, 2016, 23:00   #6
Dr Mike

Default Many thanks

Can't believe there's someone with as little else to occupy them on a Saturday night. Thinking about it may have not connected the choke linkage properly on replacing carb top plate. You are a star!!!
Thank you so much.
Mike.
Old Nov 5th, 2016, 23:04   #7
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Can't believe there's someone with as little else to occupy them on a Saturday night. Thinking about it may have not connected the choke linkage properly on replacing carb top plate. You are a star!!!
Thank you so much.
Mike.
I had a good Saturday night , went to a fabulous Firework Display Glad you sorted it , what was wrong with the Fuel Vapour Separator anyway?
Old Nov 6th, 2016, 01:29   #8
Dr Mike

Default Vapour thingy

The car had been stood for years and dried out fuel wise, this black plastic thing is not letting fuel through to the carb just spitting the odd bit down the pipe that goes back to the tank. If you block this output with your thumb then fuel goes to the carb, I think something got stuck when it dried out. The car is pristine, one elderly lady owner, garaged and has 20k on the clock. After her death (my MIL), her house has sold and we have to move the car.

Tags
2.0 carburettor, 360, fuel system