Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Where are all the S90 on the road?

Views : 3121

Replies : 45

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 16:12   #1
DeZemBer

Default Where are all the S90 on the road?

Just placed a deposit for a used S90 and can't wait to get it.

And because of that vested interest, I was trying to look for this wonderful car on the road. However, throughout my 100 miles almost daily travel from Junc 5 to Junc 16 on the M25, I don't see this car at all!

So, I wonder how many of us in here actually drives their S90 :P
DeZemBer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 17:04   #2
tem
Premier Member

Since the launch in 2016, I have not seen one on the roads in the North of Scotland.
Even the V90’s, I have only seen a few.

When Volvo first introduced the S90 to the UK, they expected to only import around 2000 units/year.

tem.
Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 17:44   #3
Robshaw2994
S90 Rdesign Pro

Bought mine new in January 18 so definitely one here in York ...but your right very few about I kind of like it like that though makes you feel kinda unique !!
Robshaw2994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 17:47   #4
MOzS90

Excellent car - well kept secret. I like the exclusivity.
MOzS90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 18:30   #5
S90D4R

My D4 R design was delivered last week after 6 1/2 months wait, that is why you don't see many of them; they have had issues with the train line, XC90 taking priority (see Volvo press release) and the factory setup in China. I have only seen 1 other in the UK and 2 in Brussels. They are amazing cars and I am blown away by the quality; even after a string of typical German brand cars. I doubt you will be disappointed, if you don't have the front sensors order them I regret this already!
S90D4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 19:21   #6
MOzS90

The only disappointment - why basic front sensors aren’t standard equipment (don’t need that self parking crap) I have no idea.

I also don’t have them but have read retro-fitting them is not cheap.
MOzS90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 19:25   #7
whoami

Still a massive backlog of orders/deliveries.
whoami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 21:33   #8
DeZemBer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOzS90 View Post
Excellent car - well kept secret. I like the exclusivity.
Me too! One of the reason why I went for the S90 instead of a 520D

Quote:
Originally Posted by S90D4R View Post
I doubt you will be disappointed, if you don't have the front sensors order them I regret this already!
I can't afford a new one, so scavenging the used market which I find it quite a lot these days I really hope what you say is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOzS90 View Post
The only disappointment - why basic front sensors aren’t standard equipment (don’t need that self parking crap) I have no idea.

I also don’t have them but have read retro-fitting them is not cheap.
Not just the front sensor. I find that their choice of std accessories across their S series and XC series are so weird and some older models have things that will be a paid package in the new car....
DeZemBer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2018, 10:38   #9
S90
IT Guru

I've had mine a year, D4 Inscription, love it, I love the fact you never see them, its a quirky choice but rather that than a BMW or E Class, both of which I drove prior to ordering the S90 and I really don't get the media hype.

The interior of the car is amazing, I have the walnut and the fact its not glossy is nice. Its comfy, quick enough (i have P*) and frugal, sit at 70mph on a long journey and get 60mpg!!!

You will love it!
Old Apr 4th, 2018, 10:41   #10
S90
IT Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeZemBer View Post
Me too! One of the reason why I went for the S90 instead of a 520D

I can't afford a new one, so scavenging the used market which I find it quite a lot these days I really hope what you say is right.

Not just the front sensor. I find that their choice of std accessories across their S series and XC series are so weird and some older models have things that will be a paid package in the new car....
Yes but you do get a lot of useful stuff as std, Pilot Assist is a cost option on BMW/Merc/Audi, the Volvo gets the full centre screen, again on the Audi and Merc they are a cost option. When i ordered mine I got pricing for a 520d and the new E220d and both of them were, spec for spec £8-10k more, and thats purely down to badge!