Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2001 V70 2.4 Leaky Heater Matrix, Problem finding O Rings?

Views : 365

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 19th, 2018, 22:37   #1
Paddy94

Default 2001 V70 2.4 Leaky Heater Matrix, Problem finding O Rings?

Hey guys.

To make a long story short, my V70 has been sat up for a while, SORN'd of course and I've recently started to do little bits and pieces to get it MOT'd again.

I noticed a few weeks ago that there was a massive puddle of Coolant in the passenger side footwell, coolant reservoir was near empty and after looking into it, it seems to be a common enough thing. Leaky Matrix/and or O rings.

I could find a new Matrix no problem, but finding the O rings has been a little confusing. I can't seem to find any O rings that are listed for my car? Giving an example, All the listings I can find list the compatible cars as..."To fit: The heater matrix for the 850, S/V70 up to 2000 (classic shape), all models (PFV903634)
The heater matrix for the C70 up to 2005, all models. (PFV903634)"

Now, Will these o rings fit my car? I'd assume so since I can't find any other listings for anything else, every site I look at has the same description and ads.

Perhaps a stupid question, but I just want to make sure I'm getting the right thing! Thanks guys.
Paddy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2018, 00:38   #2
boggymarsh
XC70 2008 D5 SE

How about contacting your main dealer to get the right bit or if you remove the existing “o” rings, I’m sure if you pop to a local hardware store you will find appropriate replacements and will save you a fortune that a main dealer might charge you.
boggymarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2018, 01:07   #3
Paddy94

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggymarsh View Post
How about contacting your main dealer to get the right bit or if you remove the existing “o” rings, I’m sure if you pop to a local hardware store you will find appropriate replacements and will save you a fortune that a main dealer might charge you.
I was thinking about going to the dealer, yeah. But do you think they'd still have or stock the bits and pieces for a car as old as mine? (2001)? Worth a try I suppose!
Old May 20th, 2018, 02:14   #4
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy94 View Post
do you think they'd still have or stock the bits and pieces for a car as old as mine? (2001)
I get stuff for my 2002 regularly from a main dealer.
Old May 20th, 2018, 11:55   #5
oragex
Premier Member

Leaking is not at all a problem on 2001- and up (it may drip at little at the o-rings but nothing serious). It was a big problem on the models prior to 2001 (P1 models). If the car is a recent purchase, the previous owner may have played with the heater core and not installed it properly (or even cracked an o ring). There are a few videos on Youtube.
Old May 20th, 2018, 17:54   #6
Paddy94

Quote:
Originally Posted by oragex View Post
Leaking is not at all a problem on 2001- and up (it may drip at little at the o-rings but nothing serious). It was a big problem on the models prior to 2001 (P1 models). If the car is a recent purchase, the previous owner may have played with the heater core and not installed it properly (or even cracked an o ring). There are a few videos on Youtube.
Ah, good to know. I've had my V70 for over ten years now and this is the first time anything like this has happened, but given the age of her now, I can't really be that upset