Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S90 t8

Views : 1241

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 20th, 2018, 20:22   #1
Kfwac

Default S90 t8

Had since december 2017,one of the first uk customer deliveries.done 5500 miles ave fuel consumption of 52.6 from new,doing a daily commute of 46 miles each way,14 miles back roads,rest motorway charged at home and work.mussel blue,20inc wheels and full styling kit she looks fantastic,put through the company,its cheap,and goes like the wind,really quick.negatives,even with air suspension ride is brittle around town,but its great on the motorway thank the 20's for that,had to have to go with the body kit,glad i did,looks amazing.if you use/charge correctly,and company owned,i could not think of a better choice of saloon.l love it!! Pics will be posted soon.good to now be a part ofbthe volvo forum family.kevin.
Kfwac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2018, 20:45   #2
JC888

Have a 17 reg D5, same distance commute however 50/50 motorway and traffic/back roads and I struggle to get above 40mpg
Old May 20th, 2018, 21:12   #3
Kfwac

Engine doesnt even start up for the first 14 miles till i get on the motorway.run in hybrid mode, engine is regularly turning off even on the motorway,going down a decline,slowing down in traffic etc it goes into coasting mode,the generator restarting the engine without you even knowing.very clever stuff.as i said,used/charged correctly you can achieve amazing figures.flip side.forget to charge it,give her some stick and youre down in the teens!! Great fun though.also,any journey over 50 miles of mixed roads and consumption will drop like a stone.my commute is a sweet spot mileage wise,with the advantage of charging at both ends. I regularly get over 70mpg on this trip and when i visit my dad 11 miles away i can go there and back without petrol.taking all that in my ave becomes believable!!
Kfwac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2018, 22:57   #4
JC888

My last car was a hybrid too (Mercedes W205 C300) and managed 50mpg day in day out. Definitely would consider a hybrid or electric car next.
Although I have to say for my 40+ miles each way commute certainly felt less fatigue in the Volvo. Makes the journey more manageable.