Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Smithy's 940 Dyno Videos

Views : 20231

Replies : 136

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 16th, 2013, 22:49   #111
Cheekydavex

wont be long now smithy mate before a lot of people on here will be eating humble pie over your achievements, lead the way for the 940 march.
Cheekydavex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 00:31   #112
smithy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekydavex View Post
wont be long now smithy mate before a lot of people on here will be eating humble pie over your achievements, lead the way for the 940 march.
Very true not long at all and it will be at retro rides Prescott hill climb and trax silverstone too .
smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 08:11   #113
jamesy12345

looks good. Like my S70...er...but squarer, better and with more under the bonnet! Oh yeah and RWD

Jealous
jamesy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 09:21   #114
smithy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesy12345 View Post
looks good. Like my S70...er...but squarer, better and with more under the bonnet! Oh yeah and RWD

Jealous
Lol mate I had a v70 phase 1 that was modded too and very nice .but for some reason I seem to like this car alot and always said I will never get rid of her .but now the car looks alot different too now but in a good way though.pics and vids will be put up when car is legal again .
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 23:42   #115
jamesy12345

Same for me, I had a V70 and big boot was useful for going dogging or whatever but liked the saloon shape too much

Plus the S is a little lighter for getting that quarter mile time down
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 02:32   #116
smithy
VOC Member

Quote:
Same for me, I had a V70 and big boot was useful for going dogging or whatever but liked the saloon shape too much

Plus the S is a little lighter for getting that quarter mile time down
Very true regarding the saloon mate and rwd does help on the quater too .i cannot wait to get her back on the road and visit Avon .i will put the graphs of the rollers on here but proberly get slated like before .someone was saying that my last graph was a rica remapped 850 not my 940 lol
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 03:02   #117
jamesy12345

Yeah I read all that. Mines an auto so I pay no attention to dynos. Anway your car, your project, who gives a $$$$. When it gets u a good time on the track that will silence the Doubters.

Oh wait, you have a good time already 13.9 secs....there you go. Better than your cars original quarter time which is really the only benchmark to care about.

So many times I have seen people flamed on these forums cos someone else thinks they know better. Shame really it should be about sharing what you know and enjoy plus learning stuff at the same time. I'm quite happy to admit I know $$$$ all about loads of things. Things I do know about I will pass them on if I can.

Sounds great as well by the way, that turbo moves some air!

Last edited by jamesy12345; Jun 18th, 2013 at 03:02. Reason: spelling doh
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 05:50   #118
smithy
VOC Member

Quote:
Yeah I read all that. Mines an auto so I pay no attention to dynos. Anway your car, your project, who gives a $$$$. When it gets u a good time on the track that will silence the Doubters.

Oh wait, you have a good time already 13.9 secs....there you go. Better than your cars original quarter time which is really the only benchmark to care about.

So many times I have seen people flamed on these forums cos someone else thinks they know better. Shame really it should be about sharing what you know and enjoy plus learning stuff at the same time. I'm quite happy to admit I know $$$$ all about loads of things. Things I do know about I will pass them on if I can.

Sounds great as well by the way, that turbo moves some air!
Yes that turbo moves some air but the t4 moves alot more lol
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 19:04   #119
smithy
VOC Member

Talking

The is a new part on my car if you look at vpcuk under projects you will see the pics .i like it hope you do to .
The Following User Says Thank You to smithy For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 19:10   #120
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy View Post
The is a new part on my car if you look at vpcuk under projects you will see the pics .i like it hope you do to .
Why cant you post it up on this forum or have you a preference to VPChav?
strbryan is offline   Reply With Quote