Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo BT Phone P2v2 - Phone Module (PHM) Bluetooth update

Views : 86154

Replies : 411

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 12th, 2019, 15:12   #231
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbeee View Post
Hey!

I just bought and installed the P2V2 in my 2005 S60. Everything sort of works, but there are three issues:
1. I now have an SRS-AIRBAG SERVICE URGENT message whenever I start the car.
2. The bluetooth adapter cable that plugs into the CD changer socket at the radio is very, very loose. It falls out of place if I try to put the radio unit back into its place.
3. When I listen to spotify via bluetooth module and press pause in my iPhone, it will pause for ~5 seconds and the continue playing. This is super annoying, I do not want this to happen. If I pause, then I want it to remain paused.

I would appreciate if you could help with these issues.

Thanks
1. it happens if climate control panel is unplugged and you turn the ignition on (now updated in the documentation). you have to use VIDA or VDASH to reset it (as mentioned above).

2. on facelift models it is good to upgrate (cut) the pastic cover.

3. mentioned many times. if you want to pause (anything) then you have to switch to another source or turn the radio off. otherwise it will start playing after a while. it is works the same like CD player on HU radios.

Old Aug 13th, 2019, 17:32   #232
Midkemian

My BT module has suddenly stopped turning on, is there a particular fuse i could check?
Midkemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2019, 13:53   #233
reinis

Quote:
Originally Posted by marekbm View Post
3. mentioned many times. if you want to pause (anything) then you have to switch to another source or turn the radio off. otherwise it will start playing after a while. it is works the same like CD player on HU radios.
As far as I can tell, this is not mentioned in the official User Guide. You cannot expect me to go over this whole thread - I want to use the official User Guide. I think that such important thing that I cannot pause a song on my phone should be mentioned in the official User guide.

That being said, I think that the requirement to switch to another source or turn off the radio in order to pause a song on my phone does not make sense. I understand that this is the way the CD player works on HU radios, but my phone is not a CD player. I have used several cars with built-in bluetooth and none of them forbid me to pause a song/video on my phone. I assume this is not a technical limitation of the bluetooth module/radio, but something you have implemented in order to replcate the functionality of the CD player, right? If so, would it make sense to offer both option - in order to pause a song I can either use the pause button on my phone OR turn off the radio? I would really appreciate if this could be added in a future software update. Thanks!
reinis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2019, 16:45   #234
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midkemian View Post
My BT module has suddenly stopped turning on, is there a particular fuse i could check?
how was the situation before? there is not a fuse on the bluetooth module. it is part of PHM so every protection is on PHM. there is only some filters, ... but if they are damaged then it means that something caused the physical short on the board (floating wire, something forgotten, missing bottom spacers, ...).
so if you try to turn PHM on then the green LED will not turn on? even for a few seconds? are you able to see "please wait..." or something else after you try to turn it on? if not then PHM is probably dead. because "please wait..." is shown even if you remove bluetooth module.
Old Aug 15th, 2019, 11:29   #235
Midkemian

Quote:
how was the situation before? there is not a fuse on the bluetooth module. it is part of PHM so every protection is on PHM. there is only some filters, ... but if they are damaged then it means that something caused the physical short on the board (floating wire, something forgotten, missing bottom spacers, ...).
so if you try to turn PHM on then the green LED will not turn on? even for a few seconds? are you able to see "please wait..." or something else after you try to turn it on? if not then PHM is probably dead. because "please wait..." is shown even if you remove bluetooth module.
Everything was working perfectly and had been for 18months of so since I purchased the module. Then car went in for its MOT and came out with the "On Call Service Required" message.

The green light wont turn on with either long or short presses.
Old Aug 16th, 2019, 14:16   #236
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midkemian View Post
Everything was working perfectly and had been for 18months of so since I purchased the module. Then car went in for its MOT and came out with the "On Call Service Required" message.

The green light wont turn on with either long or short presses.
are you able to put the PHM into the original state and test it (with GSM modem and VOC SIM)?

if nothings change then the PHM (main board) is probably dead.

but if VOC is enabled then it is possible that some unexpected command has came to Bluetooth module. in this situation the module sends an error message (unknown command). and it (maybe) can cause that PHM is now switched into non-standard mode. and it is possible that after you put the GSM modem back and you turn it on that it starts operate again.

but it is just a speculation. it looks that the PHM is probably dead.
Old Aug 16th, 2019, 14:39   #237
Midkemian

Quote:
are you able to put the PHM into the original state and test it (with GSM modem and VOC SIM)?

if nothings change then the PHM (main board) is probably dead.

but if VOC is enabled then it is possible that some unexpected command has came to Bluetooth module. in this situation the module sends an error message (unknown command). and it (maybe) can cause that PHM is now switched into non-standard mode. and it is possible that after you put the GSM modem back and you turn it on that it starts operate again.

but it is just a speculation. it looks that the PHM is probably dead.
Thanks for the suggestion. Will give that a try over the weekend
Old Aug 18th, 2019, 13:05   #238
1981George

Good afternoon, is it still possible to buy one of these upgrade kits? I've tried the order form on the first page but no one has got back to me. I did see something about a new email address but I can't find it now.
Many thanks
George
1981George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2019, 10:43   #239
Midkemian

Went out to the car over the and had a flat battery. One replacement later and the PHM turns on with the bluetooth module working perfectly.
Old Aug 20th, 2019, 11:26   #240
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1981George View Post
Good afternoon, is it still possible to buy one of these upgrade kits? I've tried the order form on the first page but no one has got back to me. I did see something about a new email address but I can't find it now.
Many thanks
George
on the order form there was a note mentioned to contact the distributor. now it is updated to be more clear .

Tags
bluetooth handsfree radio