Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Loss of power and limp mode HELP please

Views : 1179

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 5th, 2019, 19:19   #11
Mr M Wales
Old Fart

Vida DiCE installed and connected.

Got this from it so looks like I gotta find some wiring and check some things. Did you ever look at something and think I am way outta my depth here lol.

Back to school for this old boy.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (69.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: png Capture1.PNG (70.3 KB, 14 views)
Mr M Wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2019, 16:09   #12
SD40

it looks like you need to check for voltage at the component end - see what you get at 1 and 2.
it should say what you are looking for... i imagine it will be 12v (i suppose it could be 5v if its a signal cable)

put your meter on auto range.

I am guessing that if you check for voltage at the source - the electronic module - and then at the end of the cables; you can determine if the voltage is being generated at source and then if its reaching the component.
Action can then be taken accordingly.

I bet that jumble has made it all as clear as mud !! Or I have explained what you already knew well!
Old Aug 8th, 2019, 16:57   #13
Mr M Wales
Old Fart

I think I kinda understand what I need to do, the Vida software is pretty good I am very impressed with the fault tracing aspect. I will have a look on Sunday but I put my back out so bending is kinda difficult right now. I'm dynamite with the multimeter do hopefully it won't be to challenging. Thanks for the replies and the guidance, can never have to much input.
Old Aug 19th, 2019, 12:11   #14
Mr M Wales
Old Fart

So an end to this debacle.

It appears when the Volvo dealer did the last service as well as not installing the airfilter correctly or screwing the airbox top down at all, in Thier infinite stupidity they left one of the signal wires un clipped causing the issue at high demand for fuel I found it and clipped the connector back in and job done. I will never visit that dealer again as long as I breath.

Thanks for all the help