Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Disabled Section > Disabled Section Sales
Register Members CarsBlogs Help Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

For sale.

Views : 10260

Replies : 36

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 29th, 2015, 18:19   #21
Prufrock
I've Been Banned
 

Last Online: Aug 10th, 2018 09:22
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Lincolnshire Wolds & West Sussex Coast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 700 View Post
'you people' - Prufrock, you have responded to almost every post in an inappropriate manner and now you insult the disabled, by calling us 'you people'.

I was simply posting information , without comment on anyone's post.

Better that you keep away from this section i think!
I am not insulting the disabled, I'm referring to the trolls that insist on posting here on this thread when they have no reason to be.

Jon.

A section of this post was removed due to language used, as we are trying to keep this forum clean. Regards Moderators

Last edited by stuartvolvo; Aug 8th, 2015 at 13:16.
Prufrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2015, 23:14   #22
volvorocks
Rodney
 
volvorocks's Avatar
 

Last Online: Aug 4th, 2016 05:02
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: On The Street
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prufrock View Post
I am not insulting the disabled, I'm referring to the trolls that insist on posting here on this thread when they have no reason to be.

Jon.
I will step in for Mike700 here,and not that I have any reason to post here bar finding your comments offensive, and not that Mike700 needs help, but honestly to call Mike700 a "*****'' is not really very nice. Many think Mike700 has twice the brains you have. Perhaps you would be so nice as to apologise?

Regards

Last edited by stuartvolvo; Aug 8th, 2015 at 13:17.
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 30th, 2015, 01:36   #23
volvorocks
Rodney
 
volvorocks's Avatar
 

Last Online: Aug 4th, 2016 05:02
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: On The Street
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison_G View Post
Well I just looked as I'm looking for a Volvo to buy. I wouldn't of wasted my time if the title had been less ambiguous :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prufrock View Post
Cars for sale are in the relevant model forums not here.

Jon.
Quite an incorrect assumption Pru

Disabled people do own cars, disabled people do drive cars, disabled people do sell cars, you know?

A disabled person selling a Volvo car or a member selling a disabled persons car on their behalf may quite well advertise it in the Disabled section. Hence why people look - disabled or not.

I would imagine many car owners have indeed purchased a disabled adapted car, when they were not disabled.

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 2nd, 2015, 09:37   #24
Mike 700
Premier Member
 
Mike 700's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 13:46
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Royal County of Berkshire
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
I will step in for Mike700 here,and not that I have any reason to post here bar finding your comments offensive, and not that Mike700 needs help, but honestly to call Mike700 a ''half wit'' is not really very nice. Many think Mike700 has twice the brains you have. Perhaps you would be so nice as to apologise?

Regards

Hi Phil, greetings from Copenhagen, and thanks.

Your know your disabled when your opinion mean less than others & they really do think of you as inferior, even though they know absolutely nothing about you or your disability, for example, you may have a good standard of education, a good degree , perhaps even qualified in other fields, like the law or medicine, or like an instructor rating, for full instrument (multi engine jet ) or anything else of note, perhaps having had to forgo a chosen career because of disability, but to them your just a 'gimp'!

These are the sort that give you disapproving stares, tuts, comments, shouts etc. just as you pull up into a disabled parking bay, which is closer to the store than their parking spot - poor things ( i'd swop my disabled bay for being able to walk properly again any day )

The irony is that they think that they are in some way superior to you, but viewed by normal, fair minded people , they are in fact inferior in both thought & deed.

Top tip is not to get annoyed & have the last laugh, be strong, be calm, (belittle if you can possibly do it without them even noticing ) but best of all ignore them - they hate that.


Regards.
__________________
__________________________________________
June18 TiguanSEL7speed auto,sun roof,lane assist,adaptable cruise,remote boot.New 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike 700 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 2nd, 2015, 10:29   #25
Considered1
Premier Member
 

Last Online: Sep 12th, 2019 13:21
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Yorkshire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prufrock View Post
I am aware of how the post count system works.

Furthermore I fail to understand your comment"self loading scooter", no scooter self loads, you'll need a winch (with ramps) or a crane, and of course the scooter.

Plus you fail to add what car you are trying to put the scooter in.

Jon.
yes it was the Quingo Flyte he was looking at
I didnt mention the car is its nothing to do with you or this thread
I wont be posting on this thread again, hope you sort out your issues!
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2015, 08:52   #26
Spitfire4
Master Member
 
Spitfire4's Avatar
 

Last Online: May 27th, 2019 20:34
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: North Yorkshire
Default

Hi Mike

Agree with you, wife is disabled and often wants to go home when we've been out not for long because people look down their noses at her, as if she shouldn't be there, I keep telling her don't let them win you've just as much right to go out as they have.

Obviously the media doesn't help with all these "benefit" programs portraying the disabled as scroungers, she worked over 35 years till an injury in the 80s reared its ugly head, specialist was amazed she kept going for as long as she did, but it won!

Take care
Mick
__________________
On order Seat Leon ST Xcellence 1.4 DSG
My17 V40 CC pro T3 auto
Previous My 15 XC60 SE Lux auto
Spitfire4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spitfire4 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 5th, 2015, 21:04   #27
volvorocks
Rodney
 
volvorocks's Avatar
 

Last Online: Aug 4th, 2016 05:02
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: On The Street
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire4 View Post
Hi Mike

Agree with you, wife is disabled and often wants to go home when we've been out not for long because people look down their noses at her, as if she shouldn't be there, I keep telling her don't let them win you've just as much right to go out as they have.

Take care
Mick
Hi Mick

I can relate to you here, as my mother was exactly the same. She enjoyed going out although some other peoples attitudes gave rise to her deciding she wanted to go back home. A very annoying thing was when people would ask me what she wanted, although being fair and reasonable, this was more so the fact a lot of people are unsure as to how to approach a person with a disability. It is they that feel uncomfortable. As you say though others just saw her as an 'inconvenience'. Very sad really. Further the amount of people that took it upon themselves to wheel her out of the way when she was shopping, just so they could get to the shelf in front of her, was unbelievable. I would always challenge these ignorant people, although that initself also upset my mother as she felt she was the cause, and felt she should not be there.

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 6th, 2015, 20:32   #28
Mike 700
Premier Member
 
Mike 700's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 13:46
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Royal County of Berkshire
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire4 View Post
Hi Mike

Agree with you, wife is disabled and often wants to go home when we've been out not for long because people look down their noses at her, as if she shouldn't be there, I keep telling her don't let them win you've just as much right to go out as they have.

Obviously the media doesn't help with all these "benefit" programs portraying the disabled as scroungers, she worked over 35 years till an injury in the 80s reared its ugly head, specialist was amazed she kept going for as long as she did, but it won!

Take care
Mick
You know what Spit, I haven't been around much lately but I have just opened up the Forum, & 'nothing much has changed'!

The 'Lounge' is still full of argument, some friendly ( long may this continue ) & some just inflammatory - I think that I shall spend less time there & more time here, & try to contribute more to this section from now on , because, as I see it, we need to support Volvo as they are great supporters of the disabled ,through the choices of cars with low deposits, now available through Motability for instance - they really must be commended for bringing in the XC60, and maybe I'll open a thread on it?

I'm sorry to hear about Mrs. Spits accident and her encounters with 'the uninitiated ', to some it can be very depressing being thought of as being different , but I say 'vivre le difference' Mrs S. - we're still the same people, we might now look a little different & we may have to live our lives a little differently, but so what, we're the same inside as we always were!

Different doesn't mean 'inferior ' !


Best regards to you both.
__________________
__________________________________________
June18 TiguanSEL7speed auto,sun roof,lane assist,adaptable cruise,remote boot.New 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike 700 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 6th, 2015, 21:02   #29
Spitfire4
Master Member
 
Spitfire4's Avatar
 

Last Online: May 27th, 2019 20:34
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: North Yorkshire
Default

You're so right, just need to convince her.

Got the XC60 so she can get in and out easier, it's a great car for that and big enough to get her wheelchair in. Excellent discounts too and because she is in a wheelchair when outside the house for everything, got the VAT back which made the car affordable.

Keep up the good work with this forum, it's appreciated and I hope all goes well with you and yours.

Cheers
Mick

Ps I showed her this and it brought a smile to her face, she's a fighter and survivor, don't know if I could be as strong as her! Hope this has given her a boost and her fighting spirit back. The school were always a bit scared when she turned up, she would tell Them where they were going wrong didn't mince her words!
__________________
On order Seat Leon ST Xcellence 1.4 DSG
My17 V40 CC pro T3 auto
Previous My 15 XC60 SE Lux auto

Last edited by Spitfire4; Jul 6th, 2015 at 21:07.
Spitfire4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spitfire4 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 6th, 2015, 21:54   #30
volvorocks
Rodney
 
volvorocks's Avatar
 

Last Online: Aug 4th, 2016 05:02
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: On The Street
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 700 View Post

Different doesn't mean 'inferior ' !
I view 'different' as being superior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire4 View Post

Ps I showed her this and it brought a smile to her face, she's a fighter and survivor, don't know if I could be as strong as her! Hope this has given her a boost and her fighting spirit back. The school were always a bit scared when she turned up, she would tell Them where they were going wrong didn't mince her words!
Your wife sounds very much like my late mother. She was a fighter. They would have got on well together. My mother carried on regardless where lesser people would have given up. Quite often amazed doctors. Quite often amazed me and also my father and the rest of us with what she coped with.

All the best
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post:
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:05.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.