Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Brookhouse

Views : 972

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 6th, 2019, 14:05   #1
tdz840
VOC Member

Default Brookhouse

1. Anyone experiencing issues buying stuff via the Brookhouse website. Tried phone (two different mobiles), PC (both home and work) and PayPal. All the same issues, can’t get to the final payment page. I’ve registered different accounts with different passwords and emails but the same issue each time. I’ve mailed Simon and he has responded quickly saying there had been issues but now resolved (that was at the beginning of this week)
2. Anyone have trouble ringing Brookhouse? I’ve rung many many many times but the phone just rings without answer. Simon mentioned he and Darren are busy on other phones but I must have run five times a day for a week.
3. Apart from Brookhouse anyone else supply the door panels (tan) for an 1800S in the UK. I don’t really want to move a way from Brookhouse having used them for 15 years but I need parts!
Russ
PS apparently open on Saturday until 1800, can someone see if they can get a pickup?

Last edited by tdz840; Jul 6th, 2019 at 14:07. Reason: Grammar!
tdz840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2019, 09:21   #2
edworcs

Russ,

I placed an online order on Wednesday this week and it was delivered on Thursday.

The website’s payment page “worked for me”.

I raised a point about confusing delivery prices on their P&P page via the email link (1501g might be better as 15001g/15kg) and got a reply from Simon via email.

I didn’t need to phone, so I can’t comment about that.

Ed
edworcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2019, 09:31   #3
tdz840
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edworcs View Post
Russ,

I placed an online order on Wednesday this week and it was delivered on Thursday.

The website’s payment page “worked for me”.

I raised a point about confusing delivery prices on their P&P page via the email link (1501g might be better as 15001g/15kg) and got a reply from Simon via email.

I didn’t need to phone, so I can’t comment about that.

Ed
Thanks Ed
I’m sure it’s me but I just cannot seem to place an order for these interior panels.
They have introduced a simple maths calculation presumed to repel spam. However, mostly it is this position in the process that doesn’t go further.
I even resorted to using a calculator worried my mental maths may be the issue!!
I’m sure I will get there!
Russ
Old Jul 7th, 2019, 11:03   #4
Derek UK
VOC Member

I haven't explored this Russ but have you signed up for an account? If you have I would think that you wouldn't have to do the anti-spam/captur thing with an order. I haven't ordered anything for a few months but I've not had any problems whether it's online or on the phone. Email enquiries I gave up on long ago.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2019, 12:55   #5
tdz840
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek UK View Post
I haven't explored this Russ but have you signed up for an account? If you have I would think that you wouldn't have to do the anti-spam/captur thing with an order. I haven't ordered anything for a few months but I've not had any problems whether it's online or on the phone. Email enquiries I gave up on long ago.
Derek
Never had a problem before with Brookhouse. Always quick and easy.
Simon mentioned they had issues but now resolved.
I’ve refistered 3 accounts with different emails and addresses. Still the same and the anti spam think appears extant wether registered or guest.
Will try and again later
Russ
Old Aug 11th, 2019, 11:20   #6
jimbo1593
Master Member

They always take ages to answer phone, but prices are usually cheaper on phone than online.
jimbo1593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2019, 13:33   #7
ovlov236

Default brookhouse

well i do know they were doing a stock take recently maybe its a knock on effect with late orders .......Louise
ovlov236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2019, 20:46   #8
cassell
Member since 1988

I ordered three items from the website last week for my ES, all worked perfectly OK, total cost of parts was around £47. Postage came out at an additional £8 which I thought was a bit high but heyho.

Items delivered within two days and without any request Simon emailed and credited my paypal with a postage refund of just over a fiver.

Can't fault Brookhouse, their online ordering system or Simon!

Last edited by cassell; Aug 11th, 2019 at 20:47. Reason: my spelling!
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cassell For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 13th, 2019, 20:47   #9
tdz840
VOC Member

All good for me now and ordering once again a pleasure rather than a chore!
Old Aug 18th, 2019, 19:25   #10
sleek lemur

I find them very fair and efficient. They do take ages to answer the phone, buy when they do they're keen to help. Eg I called re fresh air vent cables last week and although they didn't stick them, Simon quickly located them at his supplier and I got them the next day. Simon v good at answering emails. Having come from Mercedes SL ownership, I really appreciate the difference between Brookhouse and the SL Shop!
sleek lemur is offline   Reply With Quote