Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General > XC90 '02–'15 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Wanted: Petrol/LPG XC90 - cash waiting!

Views : 755

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 14th, 2017, 14:42   #1
ommony

Default Wanted: Petrol/LPG XC90 - cash waiting!

I'm on the hunt for a Petrol/LPG XC90 -- 2.5t, 3.2, T6, V8, all considered. Low mileage is ideal, but will consider high mileage w/ good service history, etc. Not bothered about trim level/cosmetics, just mechanicals. Not interested in Diesels.

Thanks for your consideration.
ommony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2017, 21:41   #2
ak121078

Hello mate

Im going to be selling my 2005 XC90 2.5T pretty soon.
I've had it for 2 years and its been awesome. Only selling because I now work from home 6 days a week and the Mrs prefers her Honda CRV over the Volvo.

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=242346

MOT till November 2017, it needs a service & it needs a drivers side wing mirror so im looking for £4k (no offers).

Or wait till October and i'll have it serviced and Mot'd and will sort out the mirror and i'll be looking for £4.5k.

Im based in Reading , Berkshire.

Asim
ak121078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2017, 12:55   #3
hoyleyboyley

T6 here with LPG, 80 something k miles.

Have been trying to convince the missus to part company with it, but she loves it too much.
hoyleyboyley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2017, 15:52   #4
ommony

Thanks for your replies, chaps! Much appreciated.

Asim:
I like the 2.5T and yours looks good and is within my budget. I'm hoping to find one that's already been LPG converted to save myself that hassle/expense, but if I can't find a suitable LPG converted car then I will be looking for a standard petrol car. So for the moment I'm going to keep looking for the LPG car, but if in October you do get the service/MOT/etc done, send me a note because if I'm still looking, I would be very interested in yours. Thanks!

hoyleyboyley:
T6 LPG with ~80k sounds lovely. However, I do a lot of miles so if I was to go for a T6 around that mileage, I think I would need to get one that's had the gearbox replaced already. I'll be doing 30-50k miles a year, so if the gearbox hasn't been done yet, I would probably need to do that within the first year of ownership, which isn't ideal. Can you PM me some more information about the car? Service history/LPG conversion type and date, etc/potential asking price, and so forth? Thanks!
ommony is offline   Reply With Quote