Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings > VOC Section Events

Notices

VOC Section Events Meetings and Events organised by local VOC sections

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Yorkshire Section

Views : 89169

Replies : 284

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 30th, 2017, 12:17   #61
V50t5dave

Smile Re P & R cars.

This looks like a good venue for a meet. I am not too sure about parking being 1 mile away. When you have got arthritis and getting on a bit and that is just the Volvos. The rest of us just creek and try to remember to take our medication.
Thanks for the suggestion it's what I have asked for. Anyone else any ideas Yorkshire a big place. If enough suggestions we could do a lot more next year.
Dave.
V50t5dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2017, 07:53   #62
Dippydog
Premier Member

A couple of ideas for next year have occurred to me,whether they're viable or not I don't know,but here goes[in no particular order] 1 Eden Camp up near Malton/Pickering.2 The Deep over in Hull. If either or both are of no use that's fine.
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dippydog For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 1st, 2017, 22:21   #63
V50t5dave

Smile Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydog View Post
A couple of ideas for next year have occurred to me,whether they're viable or not I don't know,but here goes[in no particular order] 1 Eden Camp up near Malton/Pickering.2 The Deep over in Hull. If either or both are of no use that's fine.
Both venues are a good idea. The deep I know and the car park is big enough. As for Eden camp I have no idea but I am sure someone will say.
Many thanks for this. Dave.
Old Oct 2nd, 2017, 21:37   #64
skippyfox
VOC Member

what ever the shout is for the November meet is, I'm up for it. Regarding Tan Hill next year that is a big defo.. Great location, a bite to eat and a few beers, with a good bunch of people. Wake up the dales with a few roaring Volvos the following morning. I'll even bring a ferret
skippyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skippyfox For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 2nd, 2017, 21:43   #65
skippyfox
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydog View Post
Eden camp looks like a good venue for a meet. Former POW camp. now a war museum.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skippyfox For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 22:36   #66
Bantambuddy
VOC Member

I should be ok for 19th November booked it in the diary. It's a long time since I've been to the Armories, really enjoyed. What about The Oil Can Cafe/ Carding Shed for a meet http://thecardingshed.co.uk
XC60 SE Lux Nav Manual D5 AWD Black Sapphire; Polestar; Family Pack; Driver Support Pack; Winter Pack with Active Bending Headlights; Front and Rear Parking Sensors; Privacy Glass; Diamondbrite;20" Wheels
Bantambuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bantambuddy For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 13th, 2017, 20:07   #67
skippyfox
VOC Member

Hope all is well in the Yorkshire section, looking forward to the Armouries meet. Hope to bring along a mate of mine, new to Volvo, he's just go a V40 R design and luvin it.. Update on the new motor, had a play in sport mode, in a couple of words, BLOODY HELL!!! gets there rapid..... in the meantime happy motoring, see you all soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to skippyfox For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 14th, 2017, 19:48   #68
Dippydog
Premier Member

Looking forward to the 19th Nov.Leeds Armories is a place I've never been before,should be interesting
The Following User Says Thank You to Dippydog For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 26th, 2017, 18:12   #69
Dippydog
Premier Member

Now uncertain about making the Leeds meet as I seem to be having occasional ETM problems,so it depends on getting my Omega fixed and M.o.T.'d so I can lay the V70 up while I get the ETM off and sent away for repair.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dippydog For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 7th, 2017, 14:27   #70
V50t5dave

Smile Leeds Armouries meet 19/11/17 update.

Hi all just an update re parking at the Armouries.
The car park is a multi story run by Citi parks. The post code is LS10 1LE, I have spoken to them re group parking, whilst they will not cordon off any space I am assured that it will be quiet. I suggested that we go to the top floor as this would be the last to fill up and they said that was fine. The entry to the car park you will receive a ticket and there is a tariff which rises by a £1 an hour from 2 hours at £4 so 3 hours are £5 and so on. Ok its not free I could not get anymore off this company.
I will be on site on the top floor from 10am onwards so I will see you all there.
Hope this is of assistance.
Regards David. any problem ring me 07960210402.
The Following User Says Thank You to V50t5dave For This Useful Post: