Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Map update released

Views : 4301

Replies : 36

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 12th, 2017, 10:22   #21
NigelDay
Premier Member

It's normally about 1h20min if you are on a long run. Perhaps a little longer if you do short runs as on the restart there is probably some 'handshake' between the USB and the car to determine how far the update had progressed before it switched off.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2017, 10:33   #22
Tober

Yes that was my experience too 80 to 90 minutes but on three occasions the system said that the memory stick was unreadable. I simply removed it and installed it again. It seemed to pick up the download from where it had left off and eventually installec
Tober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2017, 20:03   #23
MacV50
Master Member

All sorted.

It appears that it went through the update much more quickly than I expected so the black screen was actually just the system turned off!

I pressed the power button and it came to life

Panic over and now I can look forward to getting Polestar on the 24th
MacV50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2017, 20:36   #24
Dash300
High Grand Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober View Post
Yes that was my experience too 80 to 90 minutes but on three occasions the system said that the memory stick was unreadable. I simply removed it and installed it again. It seemed to pick up the download from where it had left off and eventually installec
Me too but much worse. For the benefit of others. I did my first map down load on a 3 yr old XC60. Bought a 32GB good quality stick. Formatted it to Fat 32.
Downloaded the 18 GB file and then put stick back in to laptop and got it verified on the Volvo website. Popped it into the car usb and great download started Gracenote etc limited infotainment message and a download time of something like an hour plus. Download started great then after about 15 mins stated download failed couldn't recognise usb. Simply took it out and put it in again and after reading the stick it took up from where it began for another few minutes, the time varied . All in all this happened about 20 times but eventually it did load successfully.I have no idea why but glad I stuck with it.
Dash300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2017, 20:11   #25
Mick787

I wonder how much of the mapping is updated with new roads and junctions. I’ve just done this update in my vehicle and noted the system said sat nav and gracenote updates. With Gracenote being music data, I wonder how many ‘sat nav’s ‘ are actually being updated and not just the music info system which says what the track is that is being played.
Mick787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2017, 22:10   #26
MacV50
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick787 View Post
I wonder how much of the mapping is updated with new roads and junctions
I guess it depends what's changed in your area. Around Aberdeen we have a new bypass being built and changes related to it have been included in the last two updates.
MacV50 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MacV50 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 21st, 2017, 20:52   #27
pollafero

Chief Inspector, did you finally succeed in updating your Sensus maps?
Old Oct 21st, 2017, 21:19   #28
pollafero

Default Don't copy containing folder

If you are trying to update the Sensus maps by downloading the files first to the pc and transferring them then to de usb, remember that you may not simply copy the main directory, who contains the whole of the download (called "Sensus-update MCA (Europe)"). You may only copy the two subdirectories HDD2 and HDD3 and the separate files ALLDATA.KWI, DBINFO.ME, MelcoMapUpdateDele.dat, MelcoMapUpdateMain_47.dat, MelcoMapUpdateSenario_47.sce and MelcoMapUpdateVersion_47.dat to the usb. If you copy the main directory "Sensus-update MCA (Europe)" too, the upgrade will not start.
If you make the download directly to the usb, this 'containing' directory "Sensus-update MCA (Europe)" will not be present on the usb.
Old Oct 22nd, 2017, 09:34   #29
Chief inspector
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollafero View Post
Chief Inspector, did you finally succeed in updating your Sensus maps?
Yes once it was recognised it updated in the normal fashion, over 3 journeys of about 20 minutes.

Im sure the issue was windows formatting or SD card related, it wasn't the car.
Old Oct 22nd, 2017, 13:37   #30
steadvex
Master Member

mine keeps pausing all the time, not sure if the usb is dodgy, others I've tried never show fault, same usb stick.

I've noticed I don't even have to unplug, shows error then a minute or so later resumes
steadvex is offline   Reply With Quote