Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Disabled Section

Notices

Disabled Section Section for disabled users.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

The Volvo V60

Views : 4959

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 21st, 2014, 00:38   #1
Mike 700
Premier Member

Default The Volvo V60

Having had three AWD Volvos XC 70,XC 90 & an XC 60, all with reasonable sized 'boots' I must admit that I find the boot in my V60 a little on the small side, especially the opening, although it has a really useful low loading floor..

The reason behind this, slight, criticism is that I have just acquired a transportable, breaks down into several pieces, medium sized mobility scooter, and it doesn't leave much room in the boot when it's broken up and put in there for a journey.

As the V60 is advertised on the Motability site, it would have been nice if Volvo could make a comment about ,say, maximum dimensions of transportable mobility scooters, wheelchairs etc.

Other than the boot size, although not perfect, I would recommend a V60 to other disabled members - it's a really excellent car.
Feb23 Qashqai e Power, June 21 Volvo XC90 Recharge R design.June18 TiguanSELNew 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike 700 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 18:09   #2
volvorocks
Rodney

Congrats Mike. First thread here...

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 23:29   #3
FullEnglish

How do you load the scooter into the boot, Mike? I imagine that it must be pretty heavy (batteries etc).
Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 11:05   #4
Mike 700
Premier Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullEnglish View Post
How do you load the scooter into the boot, Mike? I imagine that it must be pretty heavy (batteries etc).

You may see me driving it in Sweden one day, 'cause I get over to Malmo occasionally, with family living in Copenhagen.

At the moment, the boss and I take it apart and load it into the boot in about 30 seconds or so, but I am going to take other forum member's advice and get me some sort of ramp.

This thread was started because of my ( my fault entirely, but i wasn't looking to use a scooter then ) slight disappointment with the V60 boot size, especially height of opening, so even with ramps, it will need the seat off and tiller collapsed, but I think it will be easier for me if I'm alone when loading/ unloading, so I'm looking at different ramps today/tomorrow.

One definite advantage with the V60 is the low loading floor.

Regards,
Feb23 Qashqai e Power, June 21 Volvo XC90 Recharge R design.June18 TiguanSELNew 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.

Last edited by Mike 700; Jul 23rd, 2014 at 11:28.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike 700 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 22nd, 2014, 01:33   #5
scvolvo
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 700 View Post
Having had three AWD Volvos XC 70,XC 90 & an XC 60, all with reasonable sized 'boots' I must admit that I find the boot in my V60 a little on the small side, especially the opening, although it has a really useful low loading floor..

The reason behind this, slight, criticism is that I have just acquired a transportable, breaks down into several pieces, medium sized mobility scooter, and it doesn't leave much room in the boot when it's broken up and put in there for a journey.

As the V60 is advertised on the Motability site, it would have been nice if Volvo could make a comment about ,say, maximum dimensions of transportable mobility scooters, wheelchairs etc.

Other than the boot size, although not perfect, I would recommend a V60 to other disabled members - it's a really excellent car.

I was quite surprised how small the boot was on the v60.

I much prefer my v70 p2 size wise and it's like driving in a comfy chair.
scvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2014, 11:45   #6
Mike 700
Premier Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by scvolvo View Post
I was quite surprised how small the boot was on the v60.

I much prefer my v70 p2 size wise and it's like driving in a comfy chair.
We've had this sort of discussion, and frankly if I had really given some thought to transporting a mobility scooter,then I would have gone for the V70, and I may think about changing to it later on, but I am enjoying driving the V60.

The wife didn't like the V60 at first, after the XC's, but now says that the ride is better than the Xc60 we had, and looks upon it as a 'sportswagon' rather than an old man's car - her words not mine.

The XC60 was a lot quicker , with a bigger boot, but not so economical.
Old Oct 14th, 2014, 17:20   #7
Mike 700
Premier Member

Unhappy

This is the body of an e-mail from Alfred Bekker - Hoists.

""Thank you for your inquiry. I have contacted our suppliers in regard to your question.

They have confirmed that due to the shape and opening size of the boot, unfortunately it is not possible to fit any boot hoists to the 2014 Volvo V60 Estate.""

Shame really, so it looks like mobility scooter users really need the V70, XC70, XC60 or XC90 if they need a hoist to assist with loading ?
Old Oct 14th, 2014, 19:38   #8
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 700 View Post
This is the body of an e-mail from Alfred Bekker - Hoists.

""Thank you for your inquiry. I have contacted our suppliers in regard to your question.

They have confirmed that due to the shape and opening size of the boot, unfortunately it is not possible to fit any boot hoists to the 2014 Volvo V60 Estate.""

Shame really, so it looks like mobility scooter users really need the V70, XC70, XC60 or XC90 if they need a hoist to assist with loading ?
The V60 is a V70 with a chopped down roof for modern style , so if you need to carry serious things you need a proper V70 ...
Old Oct 14th, 2014, 20:15   #9
Mike 700
Premier Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
The V60 is a V70 with a chopped down roof for modern style , so if you need to carry serious things you need a proper V70 ...
I posted this on the 13th October last year :

"V70 d2

O.K. , I'm on my third Volvo, each of which have been D5's and now I'm seriously considering a V 70 auto., with a D2 engine.

V70 because of large flat floor in boot and low enough to load mobility aids, and auto because 'needs must' and prefer auto. to manual anyway.

But what about the D2
?"

I was seriously contemplating a V70, but the family wanted me to have a smaller car - hey ho?