Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 R design seats uncomfy

Views : 9164

Replies : 50

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 2nd, 2019, 14:50   #31
Berkshirebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Evelyn View Post
I'm 6'5" and only have 34" inside leg, meaning that I have an unusually long back and neck; despite this, I've still got plenty of headroom in my V90, albeit I don't have a sunroof which helps things.

Just wondering whether you're aware that the long flat button for seat height has to be used twice to adjust the height - once for the overall seat height (raise or lower the rearmost part of the button) and once for the angle / front of the seat base (raise or lower the front of the button)? Not sure what else it could be otherwise.
Headroom is no problem, probably 6inches of space above me.

Seem to sit high in the cabin compared to previous cars, just unusual to me to be so much higher than the dashboard. For such a low slung thing that I fall into, just seem a bit high within it.
Old Jul 17th, 2019, 09:35   #32
tanujdua

In my v60 I am still striving to find that perfect position after about 8 months.

I had it for a long time, but then one day my back was like "nope, not this one anymore!".

It's like 90% there, just fiddling with it now. But I have heard that while many love the seats, some do say they just never find it comfortable.
Old Jul 18th, 2019, 21:47   #33
Rudy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockers View Post
The best car seats I ever experienced were in my 2001 Saab 9-5. Second best we’re in my 2003 Volvo S60.

Now I think they are becoming looks over function. I don’t find them uncomfortable just not as good as in the past. I even find my Golf GTi seats as comfortable.
Totally agree with your looks over function comment. The photos earlier in this thread shiw the seats looking great but clearly not v comfortable. Why are these thigh extenders needed anyway?

I drive 64 plate XC60 which as a long term back sufferer is a dream. Been driving 2 over the last 8 years. Was thinking of upgrading to the new model but am thinking again as the seat comfort is the reason I changed to Volvo in the first place!
Rudy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 08:17   #34
weemark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
Totally agree with your looks over function comment. The photos earlier in this thread shiw the seats looking great but clearly not v comfortable. Why are these thigh extenders needed anyway?

I drive 64 plate XC60 which as a long term back sufferer is a dream. Been driving 2 over the last 8 years. Was thinking of upgrading to the new model but am thinking again as the seat comfort is the reason I changed to Volvo in the first place!
The seats in my XC90 are ok but wouldn't go much further than that - a bit disappointing. But SWMBO had an XC40 R Design on extended test earlier in the week and those seats were fabulous - a surprise for me given I'm 6' 7"
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 10:19   #35
Discoman

I'm awaiting delivery of my first Volvo and recall from old Volvo's reputation for really comfortable seats. I actually went to buy an XC90 T6 R Design and came away with an XC90 T5 Momentum. I firstly could not understand what I got extra with the R Design as none of it was the stuff I wanted - air suspension but not with low profile tyres, sunroof, metallic, heated rear seats, winter pack etc etc - but what really surprised me were the seats which had more 'support' and unnecessary additions on them than on a sports car. Completely at odds with what it is.

I tried the Inscription and the seats were ok so an improvement on the R Design but the front extending section did nothing for me, hence my ordering a Momentum.

I am really looking forward to getting my Volvo but I don't understand how they put the product specification together.

Last edited by Discoman; Jul 19th, 2019 at 10:25.
Discoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2019, 19:29   #36
TimCarter

Default Not comfortable at all, although Volvo not interested

After 6 months and a host of calls and exchanges with my local Volvo dealer, and more latterly Volvo Customer Service, or No Customer Service, depending on your point of view, I am at a brick wall with my seats. This in a V90 CC Pro.

Despite my local garage recently testing my car and saying there is a problem with my seats/ comfort, Volvo Customer Service says there is nothing wrong. Of course, Volvo technicians have never, ever, sat in my car to try it. And they keep refusing to do so.

Furthermore, they say "...nothing further we can do to help as we have clearly explained that it is a characteristic of the seat". They do say "...we have not confirmed that Mark (the Volvo Technician) actually sat on your car’s seat but there is enough evidence to confirm that there is no fault with the seat". A strange statement when he told both the garage and me there was an original fault, and then the garage's recent reports.

I do wonder if they know there is a fault and do not want to admit it as it would cause a recall program.

Fyi, they keep saying I am the only person anywhere having seat problems like this. So, if you are having problems yourself, you could do worse than contact:

Allan Tomkins
Executive Office Team Leader (UK & Ireland)
+ 44 (0) 1628 422522 / +353 1 4631220
allan.tomkins@volvocars.com

Finally, all they now keep saying is I should talk to the Motor Ombudsman. Nice, not least as I still have 18 months warranty left on my car.
TimCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2019, 02:56   #37
Tresco85

We have been touring Canada for the last 3 weeks and it has been great to have 2 cars with comfortable seats to get away from the Volvo seats and also to have a gearbox that works correctly.
Old Sep 19th, 2019, 09:34   #38
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresco85 View Post
We have been touring Canada for the last 3 weeks and it has been great to have 2 cars with comfortable seats to get away from the Volvo seats and also to have a gearbox that works correctly.
What cars were they with better seats and gearbox?

:wq
Old Sep 19th, 2019, 10:43   #39
Haldex
Premier Member

Makes one wonder if people test-drive cars at all before committing to buy..

XC40 B4 RD AWD
Haldex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2019, 17:20   #40
Tresco85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldex View Post
Makes one wonder if people test-drive cars at all before committing to buy..
Our seats were ok until we done a lot of miles touring Scotland last year so a quick test drive would not help with this.