Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Mudflaps

Views : 5414

Replies : 51

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 19th, 2018, 16:16   #11
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassell View Post
If you scroll back through the posts in this section you will find one regarding mud flaps for new Volvo models which I started when I wanted a set for my V90.

An ebay seller from China soon starts to produce mud flaps after model launch, here is an example for XC90: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OEM-Set-S...cAAOSwcUBYSb-4

I waited until he made ones for V90/S90 available, ordered a set which were delivered within two weeks, are a perfect copy and perfect fit, they even have the Volvo part numbers and logo embossed into them. Genuine ones would have cost around £150 for a set of four, mine were £44 from this seller!

If you are prepared to wait a while for them to become available for your new XC60 you will save yourself around £100.
These are just what I had in mind.
I'll just have to wait.
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 17:29   #12
4x4
I roll

Just fitted a set of genuine Volvo mudflaps to my XC90 this week.

1. The fit the contours of the car perfectly
2. They attach onto existing holes already on the vehicle
3. They are supplied with the correct fittings to ensure they don't fall off
4. Yes a tad more expensive than cheap Chinese copies but worth it IMO
Volvo 850 GLT website
4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4x4 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 17:50   #13
cassell
Member since 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 View Post
Just fitted a set of genuine Volvo mudflaps to my XC90 this week.

1. The fit the contours of the car perfectly
2. They attach onto existing holes already on the vehicle
3. They are supplied with the correct fittings to ensure they don't fall off
4. Yes a tad more expensive than cheap Chinese copies but worth it IMO
Points 1,2,3,...so do the Chinese ones for V90, in fact when mine went in for the first service I asked the tech what he thought, he was convinced they were genuine ones like he fits every week!
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cassell For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 18:24   #14
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Points 1,2,3,...so do the Chinese ones for V90, in fact when mine went in for the first service I asked the tech what he thought, he was convinced they were genuine ones like he fits every week!
I fitted Chinese copies to my previous XC60, and I thought for less than half price of the genuine version were excellent.
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 19:20   #15
Fellwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2000 View Post
I fitted Chinese copies to my previous XC60, and I thought for less than half price of the genuine version were excellent.
I fitted Chinese ones to my old style XC60 - Volvo on one side, ovlov on the other. The front fitted beautifully, the rear ones did not fit at all. Seller claimed they did until I emailed proof, and got a full refund. Seems they were for the previous facelift to my 2016 car.
Good luck if you go for non-Volvo ones, though why Volvo charge so much is beyond me.
I believe that they don't fit them as a standard because it adds 0.0001 to some ratio or another about fuel economy and pollution that would bump them into a different tax bracket.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fellwalker For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 22:32   #16
Boatie
Master Member

Quote:

I fitted Chinese flaps on my V90 and I would challenge anyone to tell them from genuine ones. Oh, on my last car, a V70, I fitted genuine Volvo flaps so do have a fairly good idea of quality, fit etc.

Frank
Boatie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boatie For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 20th, 2018, 15:49   #17
Schnorbitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellwalker View Post
I believe that they don't fit them as a standard because it adds 0.0001 to some ratio or another about fuel economy and pollution that would bump them into a different tax bracket.
I believe they don’t fit them as standard as they look hellish and don’t actually serve any practical purpose!
Old Jan 20th, 2018, 16:24   #18
gaby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnorbitz View Post
I believe they don’t fit them as standard as they look hellish and don’t actually serve any practical purpose!
I can't confirm that, at least not with 19" tyres. It's a matter of taste, but I don't find
them ugly on our silver car, on cars in dark colors you don't even notice them.
Old Jan 20th, 2018, 16:55   #19
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
They help stop crud being deposited on the sides of the car. My first XC90 didn't have them; the current car does. I can tell the difference.

As gaby says, I don't even notice them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 20th, 2018, 18:47   #20
Bernard F

Quote:
I assume you do not have them, they look fine, suit the look of the car and are a practical improvement to day to day cleanliness. Worth every penny whatever you pay to get them.