Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo BT Phone P2v2 - Phone Module (PHM) Bluetooth update

Views : 87407

Replies : 411

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 31st, 2019, 13:36   #181
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariuz View Post
Hello Marek.
I have a S60 '07 and i'm interested to order a bluetooth module. Can you please help me?
hi,
if you have a PHM on the car then it is not a problem. so if you want to buy it then please send a email to info@volvocesky.cz . i do not sell it directly anymore. the rest (link to installation guide, ...) you can find here on the forum. if you need any type of support then ask me .
marek.
Old Feb 5th, 2019, 19:37   #182
mariuz
I've Been Banned

Thank you for the info Marek.
mariuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2019, 23:09   #183
Nick0

Hi Marek,
I have a 2006 S60 with RTI and PHM, the PHM is not working, it only says "Please wait...". Does the PHM have to be fully functioning in order for the bluetooth to work?
How much are the units?
Thank you for developing this you clever dude!
Nick0
Nick0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2019, 10:22   #184
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0 View Post
Hi Marek,
I have a 2006 S60 with RTI and PHM, the PHM is not working, it only says "Please wait...". Does the PHM have to be fully functioning in order for the bluetooth to work?
How much are the units?
Thank you for developing this you clever dude!
Nick0
hi, if you see just "please wait..." on the dashboard then then you have to repair it. it often means that something wrong is on PHM main board and not on the GSM modem. the update replaces only GSM modem.
Old Mar 18th, 2019, 11:56   #185
Nick0

Quote:
Originally Posted by marekbm View Post
hi, if you see just "please wait..." on the dashboard then then you have to repair it. it often means that something wrong is on PHM main board and not on the GSM modem. the update replaces only GSM modem.
ok thanks Marek.
In your experience is there a suspect component on the main board?
Do you know if it is possible to replace the main board, or is it all linked to the car?
Nick0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2019, 12:16   #186
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0 View Post
ok thanks Marek.
In your experience is there a suspect component on the main board?
Do you know if it is possible to replace the main board, or is it all linked to the car?
there are at least 3 versions of PHM for p2 which are not firmware compatible (due to CAN). so i would recommand you to buy the same number as it is shouwn on the PHM. do not replace just the board, replase whole PHM. only if your keypad is in better condition then replace only the keypad.
Old Mar 18th, 2019, 12:29   #187
marekbm

i also have a good news for those who are waiting for PHM upgrade for XC90/P1/P3 models. the first few boards for development will be available untill a month. if all ok then we can start with serial production. after that i am going to create a new thread focused to these models.

the module will be devided into 2 parts. the main will support only bluetooth HF and with the second (extension) board will be available to listen music (2 types at beginning: AUX or FM transmitter with RDS).

first pictures of the new module:
Attached Images
File Type: png btphone_p3gsm-main rev a.bottom.png (58.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: png btphone_p3gsm-main rev a.top.png (61.7 KB, 23 views)
Old Apr 6th, 2019, 08:02   #188
TomS80

Nice!

I'm still very satisfied with the module.
I noticed on the datasheet of the chip supplier that it supports aptx. Does the module itself also support this? Most new Android phones already support aptx and i'm curious if the module already supports this automatically
TomS80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2019, 10:50   #189
ellesse

Hello Marek,

Some people from the groupbuy report issues with audio quality (both headset as well as audio streaming). Could it be that the Y-cable (Melbus splitter) might cause issues? I will test to see if it makes any difference, but since I have no issues myself it would be difficult to detect.

I would also be interested in any aptX update...
340GL Vario (1984), 360GLS RAI Special (1985), 340GLE Millionaire #40/125 (1988), 440GL (1993), 440 (1995) >> for sale, 940 Estate Malmö (1996), V70 XC Comfort (2001), [460 (1992) - scrapped by new owner]
ellesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2019, 16:17   #190
bruderoc

I bought an unused P2V2, revision F from a Dutch user who couldn't find the time/energy to build it in.

I removed R130 and R131, build it into my PHM, but I have no sound.

Everything seems to work, I hear beeping tones through my headrest speaker when I scroll through the menu options, and my HU-803 goes silent when I start a call, but there is no audio. My phone and Ipad are recognized and I can control them through the menu's.

Unfortunately when I was getting ready to update firmware via bluetooth (which perhaps could have solved the problem), coincidentily I had the infamous 'please wait' message, without even starting any updates, which is perhaps weird on its own, as I didn't start messing around with it yet.

Anyway, I sorted that problem by updating firmware and boatloader via the USB port as described on our fellow Norwegian website and now awaiting the license file (as it has been reset due the firmware upload) from Marek.

However, during the 1 minute I have before it disconnects my phone (due lack of licence file) unfortunately still no audio.

My current setup is:

-2004 V70R
-HU-803
-Premium audio system
-RTI
-Imiv classic connected to RTI cd-reader and functions under MD-player.
-I have no splitter; so I left all connectors as is.

Both in CD mode (both modes) and MD mode (1,2,3) no audio.
I disconnected the plug from the cd-changer from the back of the HU-803, but no joy.

Am I making a mistake, do I need to set something up, or just a dodgy card?
I am not interested in RTI, so if I need to unplug/deactivate the RTI to make sound work without the splitter, more than happy to.

Thanks,

Rene

Last edited by bruderoc; Apr 8th, 2019 at 16:20.
bruderoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluetooth handsfree radio