Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2018 XC90 Infotainment Random Rebooting

Views : 1318

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 22nd, 2019, 16:59   #1
daknyc

Default 2018 XC90 Infotainment Random Rebooting

My infotainment system seems to reboot randomly. When it happens it tends to reboot over and over (like today) and then it may not happen at all for 1-2 weeks.

I brought the car in a couple of times and each time they said they were going to upgrade my software, which should fix the problem. I have had two software upgrades and the problem still persists.

It seemed to happen when I plugged in my phone and connected it to Android Auto, but today the system rebooted without my phone plugged in, so I think it's safe to say that's not the issue. Although, the phone had been plugged in prior.

Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it? Thanks in advance!
daknyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2020, 16:48   #2
Benger

Hi,

I have had the same thing happen to me twice on MY19 XC60 D4 AWD, whilst driving...!
My was serviced for the first time today, and I did mention it when they picked up the car. I have not had any response upon the return of the car, so I will be keen to see if the software upgrade has fixed this. As it is intermittent, it is really difficult to diagnose...
Benger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 20:40   #3
Tonyxc60

I had this with my 2018 XC60, took it to the dealers and they updated the software as they couldn’t find any problem whilst they had the car in. I managed to get a video of it resetting but it didn’t really help. Touch wood hasn’t done it again since. Mine started after I had parked at a busy aerodrome (may be a coincidence), but made me wonder whether the radar/radio signals in the area had affected the car. It’s the only thing I could think of.
Tonyxc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2020, 08:22   #4
dchbrown

Mine has done this on 2-3 occasions now.

You can tell it's not going to "work" as not all of the functions on the display are available (map only, no radio etc) and then it will restart. It seems to restart 3 times and then on the final one everything comes up as it should.

I have no idea what triggers this and the dealer has done a software update each time but it still does this occasionally.
Old Mar 16th, 2020, 13:47   #5
rubachuk

I've had the same, but didn't bother asking the dealers about it. About 6-9 months ago it happened on a few occasions, rebooting 2 or 3 times before finally working. It did it 3 or 4 times weeks apart so was a minor pain but not a constant problem. It's only now you've mentioned it that it's probably been 6-9 months since it's done it, so it seems to have sorted itself out somehow.

Tags
infotainment, infotainment glitch, infotainment reboots, xc90