Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > V40/XC '12>17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

volvo v40 alarm system malfunction service required

Views : 5512

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 4th, 2016, 23:08   #1
carlos1980

Default volvo v40 alarm system malfunction service required

Hi I've got a 2012 volvo v40 d2 its had the alarm system malfunction service required light come on and off about 22 times. It's been to volvo dealer 14 times and had sensors £1000's spent on it and still it comes on there now saying it could be seat covers so take them off monitor it for 2 weeks could it be this or them fobbing me off? Any advice?
carlos1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2016, 12:13   #2
volvo for ever
Premier Member

lol interesting why would seat cover cause this very interesting ??

what are the last 10 causes its logged n vida it must be ims interior motion sensor if they are saying seat covers try switching ims off and see what happens then you know its ims have they replaced ims

is this under warranty used or original so they took £1000 and its not fixed so why replace part as it didnt fix it i wouldnt be happy

regards
volvo for ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2016, 11:49   #3
carlos1980

Hi its had 5 new sensors a new piece in front windscreen a new sirien new alarm wiring. And a new electronic piece under bonnet with they said was ordered from Sweden and wasn't in stock due to it being so expensive. It's all covered under warranty. And to top it off the passenger rear door where my child sits now won't unlock. Is this what some call just a problem car. How many times do you take it back before getting annoyed.
carlos1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2016, 16:17   #4
volvo for ever
Premier Member

rear locks are a problem the now you will get replaced under policy action both rear doors even if its only 1 playing up
volvo for ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2016, 09:51   #5
chris161190

Don't know whether you got this resolved or not but I have a 2013 D2 as well and have had the same issue as you I've had the motion sensor replaced outside of warranty and now the light has just come on again getting frustrated now as it's been back and forward to volvo about 4 times for this issue. I also had the issue with the rear door not opening but volvo replaced all four door locks and the tailgate lock replaced under warranty which has resolved that issue. I am getting very frustrated with the alarm though especially as it seems they don't actually know what's wrong with it.

Is there a simple way to reset the code myself as I'm debating just living with it.

Chris
chris161190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2017, 10:40   #6
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris161190 View Post
Is there a simple way to reset the code myself as I'm debating just living with it.
Get yourself a copy of VIDA
With VIDA you can read off the exact alarm cause (which sensor) and also reset all error codes in the vehicle

If you want to know what is happening, VIDA will tell you everything

It's the same tool the dealer users BUT the dealer doesn't tell you everything he sees and reads in VIDA
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote