Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 D6 AWD Hybrid - cam belt cost

Views : 3798

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 12th, 2022, 20:34   #21
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrikas PA View Post
The plug in hybrid diesel only came with the 5 cylinder engine.
of course it did 👍
Old Aug 11th, 2022, 18:07   #22
motor84

Update. Had the car serviced at Volvo Chiswick, West London. The lady I spoke to originally on the phone, some central office I guess, said the cam belt was due. Once I actually got to Volvo Chiswick, they confirmed, no, its 108k or 10 years. So sounds like some fishing tactics from head office. I guess some people will just do it and pay up!
motor84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to motor84 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 11th, 2022, 19:20   #23
Ulrikas PA
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor84 View Post
Update. Had the car serviced at Volvo Chiswick, West London. The lady I spoke to originally on the phone, some central office I guess, said the cam belt was due. Once I actually got to Volvo Chiswick, they confirmed, no, its 108k or 10 years. So sounds like some fishing tactics from head office. I guess some people will just do it and pay up!
Printing off the thread (including Clan's !) As we speak, for my 6 year service in November.
Ulrikas PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2022, 12:28   #24
D6PHEV

When I bought my PHEV, the main dealer serviced the car. I enquired if it was the 6 year service, they confirmed it was, so I insisted they changed the cam belt...which they did. There was only 60k odd miles on her then.

So would I be right in assuming the next belt change would be 12 years or 216k miles, whichever comes first?
D6PHEV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to D6PHEV For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 2nd, 2022, 17:58   #25
motor84

I am no expert on this but I was under the impression the first time the cam belt needs looking at is 108k miles or 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D6PHEV View Post
When I bought my PHEV, the main dealer serviced the car. I enquired if it was the 6 year service, they confirmed it was, so I insisted they changed the cam belt...which they did. There was only 60k odd miles on her then.

So would I be right in assuming the next belt change would be 12 years or 216k miles, whichever comes first?
motor84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2022, 06:59   #26
D6PHEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor84 View Post
I am no expert on this but I was under the impression the first time the cam belt needs looking at is 108k miles or 10 years.
This is where the confusion seems to be.

Their service schedule (at the time) said 6 years or 108k miles, which is why I insisted.
Either way, I doubt I'll have the car when it's next due.
D6PHEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2022, 20:57   #27
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D6PHEV View Post
This is where the confusion seems to be.

Their service schedule (at the time) said 6 years or 108k miles, which is why I insisted.
Either way, I doubt I'll have the car when it's next due.
The cambelt and tensioner is every 10 years or 108000 miles which ever comes first.

The ISG belt and tensioner is every 10 years or 54000 miles which ever comes first
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 97001538.Rev.07.13.pdf (1,016.2 KB, 15 views)
Old Sep 4th, 2022, 11:40   #28
RDesign4Life
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
The cambelt and tensioner is every 10 years or 108000 miles which ever comes first.

The ISG belt and tensioner is every 10 years or 54000 miles which ever comes first
Interesting looking at your attachment no mention of coolant changes - Volvo dealer told me that full coolant change is now recommended every 2 years same as brake fluid (that was my previous D4 XC60 VEA in Jan/Feb this year). I'm expecting the same phonecall asking if I want this done when my current D5 XC60 goes in for it's MOT in a month or so's time.
RDesign4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2022, 23:15   #29
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDesign4Life View Post
Interesting looking at your attachment no mention of coolant changes - Volvo dealer told me that full coolant change is now recommended every 2 years same as brake fluid (that was my previous D4 XC60 VEA in Jan/Feb this year). I'm expecting the same phonecall asking if I want this done when my current D5 XC60 goes in for it's MOT in a month or so's time.
That service sheet is from 2013 if I remember, the date should be on it. I would be very surprised if coolant is on the current electronic service sheet as a service item or an optional item , as it has been the everlasting highest quality stuff for at least the last 55 years I know of. I still have the original coolant in my 1988 340 which is still bright green as it was then and protects to -37C coolant is checked on the service and the freezing point should be listed on the health check sheet. Ask them to show you the written evidence if they ask you again.

Tags
cambelt change, hybrid, v60 awd