Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Views : 460

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 19th, 2006, 18:52   #1
andy82

Hi folks,

I thought I would post as I'm new on here. I'm Andy hence the forum name, 24 and from Grantham in Lincolnshire.
My girlfriends grandad is a member on her and owns a V70 XC, we were going down to see them when he told me that he was going to the Volvo meet at Rutland Water and as its only 30 miles away I thought I'd meet him there and have a look around.

At the moment I drive a 1997 Peugeot 406 Coupe V6 (I can hear people crying already) but after yesterday I think that will soon be out the door. I've always liked Volvo's, my dad had 3 on the trot. A 1986 240 GLE estate, followed by a brand new 1988 white 740 estate and then a brand new 760 turbo estate, alas I have no pics.

After a good look round a few motors caught my attention, in particular ste-mal's V70R. He was kind enough to let me have a good look around and have a sit in it, so top marks to that man and thanks for directing me to here.

I got home yesterday and started trawling through auto trader to see what was for sale, a few things looked good but nothing jumped out, but I now have an idea of what I want.

I will be looking properly in October and buying around then as my holiday will have been and gone and it gives me plenty of time to look around.

So if anyone can help with any buying tips/ advice or what to avoid etc then it'll be most appreciated. I'll be looking for an 850R, don't mind if its saloon or estate but most definately has to be a manual. Preferably in black too as I want the mean stealthy look but I will take my time and try to buy wisely.

Rest assured once I have bought one I will be proudly flaunting it on here and will join as a full member......and I doubt it will be standard either. I've already been talking to Nordic about the Stage 1 300bhp conversion and a big brake upgrade and no doubt plenty of other mods will pile on the list.

Are there any other Volvo tuners besides Nordic or is that it? I've been to the Nurburgring a few times now so I'm afraid the bug for that and tuning has bitten...and yes I will take the 850 out there and take it round, maybe if some others are interested in it next year we could sort a group thing out?......Something I will call the 'Swede Breed' (God knows why)

Thanks for reading, you must be bored by now, but any info/advice etc etc then just PM me etc.

Cheers

Andy
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 09:23   #2
GorgeousGeorge
Bostin !!!

andy

first off welcome to the forum...

secondly , so that was your gunmetal pug in the car park was it...well kept my boy amused with the "blimey dad, somebody has made there volvo look like a pug" comment...

cheers

scott
GorgeousGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 18:09   #3
andy82

yep, that was mine....didn't do a bad job did i!?
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 21:04   #4
DickyB V70R

Welcome to VOC Andy.

Good luck with the search for the "R".....You wont be disapointed mate,
just take your time finding one.

ATB. DB.
DickyB V70R is offline   Reply With Quote