Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Bluepower FM adapter

Views : 496

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 19th, 2018, 22:49   #1
DavidBristow

Default Bluepower FM adapter

Hi all, I have just installed a BLP 990 unit into my 2006 S40 D5 with high performance ICE. I have had issues with the install to which the guys at BP have been very helpful, however I cannot get an answer to the following question.

I want to use the BP FM / AM interface and not the original Volvo radio as this system requires the AUX to be selected at all times. In the kit, they have supplied an FM adapter but according to BP this should not be needed as the BP system is designed to "plug and play" which "by definition" should still integrate the VOLVO FM system into the BP radio system allowing me to use the BP interface. I cannot get any radio signal via the BP interface so was wondering if i could install the supplied FM adapter and wire this in.

I have no instructions supplied in the kit for this adapter, so was wondering how this would be (and more importantly how) this would be connected. the adapter comes with fibre optic cables, an FM Aerial plug and a blue cable (not labelled).

Now the question; where does the fibre optic cable on the adapter fit into, (behind the CD player or into the back of what was the LCD screen board. Where does the blue wire connect up to (guess this is a power supply?) Y/N ? any help that could be offered will be greatly appreciated.
DavidBristow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2018, 09:32   #2
HarjB

Hi I did have a similar issue hope this email exchange helps...

1 Me
Hi

Just read this in a forum is this the case? Do I need to install your antenna to receive FM on the BLP-990?

*****So I do have to say the technical support has been spot on, they have worked with me through this issue.

So the Aux lines coming out of the main grey connector that go into the CD player need to go to the FL FR plugs in the bundle that is sent with the High Performance system as stated in the post above.

So if anyone is interested in purchasing one keep in mind that you can only access the BT/Handsfree when your in the Aux position and you can use the radio as long as you install their antenna cable, if you use your existing antenna you can still use your radio but it has to be set to AM/FM on the waterfall. Which means you will not get any audio out of the BLP-990.

In the end I originally thought I was purchasing a head unit to replace my car stereo but really its just an addition to what you currently have with some extra features. Which is fine, just not what I was expecting.*****

Thanks

2 Me
Do you have a link to where I can buy the correct lead to split the radio antenna connection for this?

H

3 Bluepower
Hi,

You can use both original radio receiver and the radio receiver on BLP-990 by splitting the radio dual radio connector into two, connect one antenna to BLP-990 and one antenna back to the original head unit, we do this in our workshop and works just fine.

Kind regards,
Bluepower Customer

4 Bluepower
Hi,

You do not need any splitter, there is a lock on your original antenna connector, see pictures attached. You unlock the red plastic lock and you can remove the antenna connector from the fakra host, one antenna you connect to original unit and one to the BLP-990, it will work out just fine.

Kind regards,
Bluepower Customer Service
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture1.JPG (47.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Capture2.JPG (52.2 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by HarjB; Mar 20th, 2018 at 09:37. Reason: add image
HarjB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2018, 11:09   #3
S40dave

Many thanks for this, I’ll gice it a shot and let you know how I get on
S40dave is offline   Reply With Quote