Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

My VEA D4 XC60 is dead

Views : 3508

Replies : 25

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 15th, 2015, 19:52   #1
bigbadbob
car nut

Default My VEA D4 XC60 is dead

BOO HOO my EGR valve has blown up, not fixable so will go to Volvo dealer tomorrow
Old Jan 15th, 2015, 21:03   #2
K5 Gus

Oh no

How many miles have you done ?
Old Jan 15th, 2015, 21:42   #3
craigv60
Master Member

Sorry to hear that, what happened? Is it losing coolant from the EGR cooler? Has the engine gone into limp mode?
craigv60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2015, 22:31   #4
Spitfire4
Master Member

B.H. Hope it's sorted soon, feel for you.
Old Jan 16th, 2015, 09:30   #5
sunshinetours

Oh dear - not good
Old Jan 16th, 2015, 18:10   #6
bigbadbob
car nut

Its done 7300 miles, and the news from Volvo is there are none to be had and they don't know when they will be in, they are on order from Sweden!

Bit of a mess really I can only get a loan car from Volvo assist for 3 days including the weekend, and if I want to have it longer then I pay, or at Volvo UK discretion they may provide a car. In the meantime my car stays at the dealers for weeks.

Not very happy with Volvo at the moment
Old Jan 16th, 2015, 19:17   #7
Arianne
Premier Member

That's terrible customer service. The car's under warranty, you bought it brand new and the delay is being caused by Volvo proving unable to supply parts.

Am I missing something or would not a 'premium' brand be offering a courtesy car until the fault is corrected. You've only got 7k on the clock and, judging by the other strand on this forum at the moment, it seems the EGR is a known fault with the new D4 VEA engines?

Give them a kick and try and get a better deal from your dealer, or go to Volvo customer services UK.

Quite frankly, and you can tell them this from me, if you don't end up posting a happy outcome on this forum after you've spoken to them again.......quite a number of us will be buying that JLR F-Pace at the next changeover time! I will be first in the queue!

Best wishes and keep us informed - we're behind you Bigbadbob, probably broken down on the hard-shoulder behind you by the looks of it

Arianne
Old Jan 16th, 2015, 19:24   #8
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

I would be astounded if your dealer didn't provide you with a car. I know my Volvo always did for previous cars when doing warranty work no matter how long it took. The longest they gave me a car was for 6 days and there was absolutely no quibble, question or discussion.

Has your dealer actually said he won't give you one, or are you just looking at the small print on the Volvo documents and surmising that you won't get one?
Old Jan 16th, 2015, 20:10   #9
craigv60
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
I would be astounded if your dealer didn't provide you with a car. I know my Volvo always did for previous cars when doing warranty work no matter how long it took. The longest they gave me a car was for 6 days and there was absolutely no quibble, question or discussion.

Has your dealer actually said he won't give you one, or are you just looking at the small print on the Volvo documents and surmising that you won't get one?
+1 on this. I had my previous V60 trailered to the dealer (Rybook in Warrington) by Volvo Assist and got the Assist hire car for 3 days, but when the fault on my car wasn't fixed in the 3 days, I got a courtesy car off the dealer with no quibbles at all until mine was ready. I didn't even need to ask, they just told me to drive the hire car to them and I could take the courtesy vehicle until mine was fully sorted.

As said above, your car is under warranty and the fault is well known to Volvo: it's the dealer's job to keep you on the road.
craigv60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2015, 20:46   #10
ChrisL

Shocking customer service. I would contact Volvo directly with regards to thus matter
ChrisL is offline   Reply With Quote