Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

I learned something last night - Bambi come in pairs!

Views : 1755

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 17th, 2015, 22:18   #11
155mph
1st time Volvo Owner

Pairs you say. I had no i-deer.
155mph is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 155mph For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2015, 23:40   #12
inego

So, just like kangaroos then. Our here, if you miss killing yourself witht he first one, watch out for the second.

Oh, and the Ruta deer currently spreading down the coast from Sydney....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inego For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2015, 08:56   #13
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inego View Post
So, just like kangaroos then. Our here, if you miss killing yourself witht he first one, watch out for the second.

Oh, and the Ruta deer currently spreading down the coast from Sydney....
They don't sound so 'loveable'! If you ever do a driving holiday to the UK (!!!) then check your boot for stowaway kangaroo

Arianne.
Old Jan 18th, 2015, 11:39   #14
Flux
Premier Member

Maybe just the way my mind works but brought me to think of that rather awfully titled song from the Sex Pistols - Who Killed Bambi (from the Great Rock 'N' Roll Swindle Album) - which I now can't get out of my head.

Now we know it was...........almost........Arianne............ but only for the love of wildlife, good road anticipation and some superb braking/ABS combo, Bambi now has the bragging rights deep down in the woods over how he jumped 20 ft in the air to avoid a red monster travelling at the speed of light occupied by a couple of 'mad' humans wearing football gear.

Long live Bambi...............

ADDENDUM - just added the track to my Spotify download and has made me chuckle - and will forever remind me of this thread. You must add it to your playlist Arianne and play it as you pass gently through the woods next week. It WILL make you laugh. There are a few versions of this from a number of artists only the Sex Pistols is the most authentic (and original - I think).

Last edited by Flux; Jan 18th, 2015 at 11:49.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2015, 16:11   #15
Arianne
Premier Member

Default Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
Maybe just the way my mind works but brought me to think of that rather awfully titled song from the Sex Pistols - Who Killed Bambi (from the Great Rock 'N' Roll Swindle Album) - which I now can't get out of my head.

Now we know it was...........almost........Arianne............ but only for the love of wildlife, good road anticipation and some superb braking/ABS combo, Bambi now has the bragging rights deep down in the woods over how he jumped 20 ft in the air to avoid a red monster travelling at the speed of light occupied by a couple of 'mad' humans wearing football gear.

Long live Bambi...............

ADDENDUM - just added the track to my Spotify download and has made me chuckle - and will forever remind me of this thread. You must add it to your playlist Arianne and play it as you pass gently through the woods next week. It WILL make you laugh. There are a few versions of this from a number of artists only the Sex Pistols is the most authentic (and original - I think).
Flux, I've checked this track out on i-tunes and............seriously.....

The original Sex Pistols, man it sounds like the lead singer's had too much to drink before entering the recording studio for the session. But it's funny, that's for sure!

And then the follow up......wait for it: Julie Andrews (aka The Sound of Music), singing that very same track operatic style - now that was amazing! Available on the album...Angry Birds 2

Am I going to download either? Well, it's close but I just can't bring myself to do it! But you're dead right - it certainly makes you smile.

Best wishes to you Flux and go easy on that EGR valve!

Arianne
Old Jan 18th, 2015, 17:38   #16
Flux
Premier Member

Yes, the track is pretty awful but funny. Not had to pay for it as I subscribe to Spotify so can just download for a day or so and delete. You're right, I wouldn't pay for it either if I had an ITunes account.

Careful driving through the woods though............
Old Jan 18th, 2015, 17:57   #17
Arianne
Premier Member

Default Replacement for the deer whistle?

Perhaps, if you play that track up very, very loud with all the windows lowered..........it might frighten the deer away?

If so, it's worth the £0.99 download

Arianne
Old Jan 18th, 2015, 22:04   #18
inego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
They don't sound so 'loveable'! If you ever do a driving holiday to the UK (!!!) then check your boot for stowaway kangaroo

Arianne.
Haven't done one for a while, but a badger near miss outside Glasgow (near New Lanark) was the most memorable roadside wildlife encounter. No Bambi!
Old Jan 19th, 2015, 12:07   #19
andymcp
Premier Member

One unfortunate bambi jumped out in front of me near Campbeltown. My Freelander wasn't very good for poor bambi's health - we suffered a small tooth mark in the bumper, bambi alas departed for the great forest in the sky...

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2015, 16:53   #20
Considered1
Premier Member

Some friends of ours were lucky, Bambi wasnt, neither was their Q7 - £20,000 worth of damage!
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote