Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo launches free puncture and windscreen repairs

Views : 5331

Replies : 37

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 3rd, 2022, 17:17   #11
big square car

Went into my local Kwikfit yeterday with a screw embedded in one of my tyres to be snootily asked 'Do you have an appointment sir?'. When I said no the snooty mechanic told me that the next appointment was Friday! Needless to say I told him i would take my business elsewhere. Another tyre dealer a short distance away sorted me out in about 20min.
I pointed out to Kwikfit that I couldn't drive around on a space saver for two days .. they couldn't have cared less.
big square car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2022, 11:43   #12
papalazarou

Like many large companies with multiple branches and employees the service you get will vary wildly from place to place, with both Volvo and Kwik-Fit being no exception. With my puncture last week I took it to my usual tyre place who were very busy and they asked me to come back in 2 hours at 1:30. I did this and when i got there they said they were out of puncture patches - the delivery was expected at 3:30. Not wanting to keep driving around on a puncture I took it to my local Kwik-Fit who were also busy. After waiting for 30 mins they took my car in and fixed the puncture - no issues.
There are people who I work with who are absolute idiots but those are individuals and not representative of the whole company.
If you write a whole company off because of individuals then you are severely limiting your own options.
papalazarou is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to papalazarou For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 5th, 2022, 13:59   #13
OldEngineer

I think you'll find Kwikfit have lots of complaints. It's hardly the best remunerated organisation so the better 'fitters' won't stay long.
Old Mar 24th, 2022, 18:45   #14
Hils48

Default Puncture repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwatcher View Post
As Volvo are promising repairs 'while you wait', dealers will reserve a small amount of capacity each day to allow for the possibility of these repairs.

I think I have a slow puncture so rang the dealer to book an appointment for a free repair. I was offered Tuesday next week. I don’t think I will bother as I can call into my local tyre place tomorrow and be sorted in about half an hour.
Nice idea, in theory; seems that it might not work so well in practice.
Hils48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2022, 15:06   #15
shagaboopon

My daughter took her 2009 Volvo S40 into a dealer due to a crack in the windscreen and they couldn't even be bothered to check it properly before dismissing her to go to her insurance company as if anything went wrong with a repair they couldn't do anything. So far in my families experience this appears to be nothing more than a scam service offering.
shagaboopon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2022, 15:18   #16
krzemien

'All sizzle and no steak' comes to mind.

Unsurprisingly either, I need to add (with some level of sadness).
Old Mar 28th, 2022, 17:17   #17
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagaboopon View Post
My daughter took her 2009 Volvo S40 into a dealer due to a crack in the windscreen and they couldn't even be bothered to check it properly before dismissing her to go to her insurance company as if anything went wrong with a repair they couldn't do anything. So far in my families experience this appears to be nothing more than a scam service offering.
It depends on the location and length of the crack. Volvo won't repair damage that's in front of the driver or a crack longer than 25mm - doesn't take too long to assess whether a windscreen is repairable.

i wouldn't say it's a scam service offering but it is limited to simple, basic repairs.
Old Mar 28th, 2022, 19:52   #18
Tony H

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldEngineer View Post
I think you'll find Kwikfit have lots of complaints. It's hardly the best remunerated organisation so the better 'fitters' won't stay long.
It has been a long time since you "can't get better than a kwik fit fitter"
Tony H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2022, 20:16   #19
wearywilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwatcher View Post
It depends on the location and length of the crack. Volvo won't repair damage that's in front of the driver or a crack longer than 25mm - doesn't take too long to assess whether a windscreen is repairable.
Not necessarily, I had two stone chips in my direct view of the road when driving the car. I called and the dealer fixed it FOC. I also found out I have free MOT's for the vehicle when taken to the dealer. I asked if the work had to be completed at the dealer and the answer was no, but any work must be completed by an authorised Volvo garage.
wearywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2022, 22:27   #20
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearywilly View Post
Not necessarily, I had two stone chips in my direct view of the road when driving the car. I called and the dealer fixed it FOC. I also found out I have free MOT's for the vehicle when taken to the dealer. I asked if the work had to be completed at the dealer and the answer was no, but any work must be completed by an authorised Volvo garage.
Fair enough - I was summarising Volvo's information from here:

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/own/mai...ntenance/free-
repairs

Good to hear that some dealers are doing more than than Volvo mandate.