Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

FS: 960 with manual gearbox 80,000miles taxed and mot

Views : 763

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 21st, 2015, 20:08   #1
ruslodo

Default FS: 960 with manual gearbox 80,000miles taxed and mot

For sale is my 1996 960. I bought her nearly two years ago because she is very solid the chassis still feels like it has nearly the same rigidity it would have when new.

She isn't mint though, paint is far from it, though I've been told it looks good in the dark! She had elderly owners previously that had scrapped the paint on the sides. This hadn't worried me as I wanted to paint the car black anyway, it's a nice project if you can paint the car yourself, as it really needs paint. Interior has aged with time and consistent with being a 19 year old car.

Has recently been fitted with the Monroe Safety shocks only a couple thousand miles ago which give it sharper response and a comfortable ride with its automatic variable dampening, cost nearly £300 for these shocks they're brilliant.

It has standard 15" wheels that are a lot lighter than 16" standard ones. One tire practically new, the others with lower tread. The fitters actually couldn't get the standard wheel locking nuts to work so wheel studs were fitted which make wheel changes easy.
I've been using a wheel from a different set as a spare but I do have the full size spare it just needs a tire

I bought it with 70000 miles on it first thing was change the cambelt and an oil change was done too, it needs it's next one about now. Plugs changed too and one coil pack changed with a new one so the engine runs nicely. The battery holds charge for a while as it's not used every day

Front brakes need pads and discs. I was going to fit big brakes but hadn't got around to it.
Power steering I check each week, needs toping up so maybe something that needs a look at.

All other equipment in the car is standard, the radio, factory rear spoiler, 2.5L I6, manual gearbox, apparently its not the strong gearbox, I was going to have the syncro mod and reconditioned before attempting to use a lot of power through it. Clutch pedal has stuck to the floor a couple of times, not sure why as its fine most of the time.

The aerial stops just short of going fully in at the first notch.
Needs passenger side foglight and mudflap.

The standard paint is maroon saloon and interior cream coloured. One set of keys with original alarm fob

Selling because I was going to use it as a project car with T5 or T6 but I'm thinking about a car that will be good in all weather conditions with power. It would be good in dry weather or even if it is just to repaint it and use it daily as standard

Thats all I can think of so looking for around £500 considering the shocks recently fitted and manual gearbox.
If a repaint doesn't put you off then please respond to the thread or PM me. The car is at my parents house at the moment and can be viewed there.

R

Last edited by ruslodo; May 21st, 2015 at 20:32.
ruslodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 21:10   #2
jay940

sent you a pm
jay940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 23:12   #3
ruslodo

Thanks Jay.

Forgot to add that the car has had two previous owners, last elderly one from when it was out of warranty 1999 to 2013
Old May 22nd, 2015, 00:00   #4
jks

I PM'd You earlier..did You not get it?
jks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2015, 02:29   #5
ruslodo

Some reason I didn't get one from earlier JKS but looks like I got the next one and I've replied to that now thanks
Old May 22nd, 2015, 15:26   #6
ruslodo

Forgot about these things I just noticed while walking round it
-central locking doesn't work, alarm still arms
-washer bottle is leaking
-spare needs replacing so bring that tire repair in a can stuff, I don't have any for this car specifically
-air box induction pipe needs putting back on, I took it off when I was changing the air filter and had left it in the boot.
-original toolkit is present
-headlamp washers and wipers don't appear to be working
-both front and rear bumpers are scuffed and scrapped. Front one has lacquer pealing.
-lights remain on always as they were set in the factory
-ski hatch to the rear still there as is boot carpet
-both front heated seats appear to be working!
Old May 22nd, 2015, 19:52   #7
ruslodo

Deposit taken thanks
Old May 24th, 2015, 20:22   #8
ruslodo

Gone , thanks Jay, looking forward to seeing what happens to this car!