Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Amazon Estate

Views : 6143

Replies : 37

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 30th, 2012, 21:55   #1
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Default Amazon Estate

Hi,

A friend has an Amazon Estate for sale. I haven't taken a close look at the car but it's been well looked after and regularly used. Sorry for the vague assessment but if you're looking for an Amazon get in touch. I'll be able to have a close look at the car and get some pics on the weekend of the 12th May but if anyone is interested please PM or e-mail me on mitchthe@hotmail.com. As this is for a friend I will be looking for a fair price and genuine buyers.

Cheers,

Mitch
Burdekin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 10:01   #2
tony lewis

would love an estate mitch but if its been well looked after it will be well out of my price range..straight swop ? good luck with the sale:-)
tony lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 13:39   #3
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony lewis View Post
would love an estate mitch but if its been well looked after it will be well out of my price range..straight swop ? good luck with the sale:-)
Should be around £2 to £3k range I think. I'm just helping with the sale as it's for a widow so don't think she wants another amazon in exchange Tony. ;-)

The car has lived outside so does need some welding I just haven't inspected it closely to say for sure how much but mechanically I think will be spot on as was used to drive up to Scotland when needed and was well maintained I think.
The Following User Says Thank You to Burdekin For This Useful Post:
Old May 3rd, 2012, 22:28   #4
Amazonjulian
Master Member

Hi Mitch would certainly be interested in seeing some photos and knowing some more details. I had given up my search for the time being but could be persuaded to look again at the right car.
Amazonjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 22:47   #5
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

No worries. Will get some pics next weekend and will post them up.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Burdekin For This Useful Post:
Old May 14th, 2012, 21:28   #6
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Hi Guys,

As promised here are some pics of the car, she needs more welding then I remember but well worth the effort in my opinion and these are getting rare now. Knowing John I would say mechanically the car will be sound. It comes with spare glass, trim etc.

If you're interested please phone Wilma on 01665 712353 to arrange a viewing and discuss the price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0689.jpg (263.3 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0697.jpg (272.4 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0692.jpg (385.5 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0694.jpg (310.4 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0695.jpg (319.7 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0701.jpg (280.6 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0691.jpg (339.2 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0703.jpg (354.0 KB, 107 views)
Old May 20th, 2012, 16:11   #7
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Just bumping this thread in the hope there's some more interested folk out there...

Also, if anyone takes on the car I'll help out with any parts needed if I have spares and if by chance someone round here bought her I'd help out with any welding and the like.

Last edited by Burdekin; May 20th, 2012 at 17:22.
Old May 24th, 2012, 12:48   #8
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

If anyone is interested best to get in touch with Wilma asap otherwise I think this will go to be broken which will be a real shame. I think you will pick it up for a decent price as well as the guy who will be offered the car to be broken probably won't offer much...

Last edited by Burdekin; May 24th, 2012 at 13:56.
Old May 24th, 2012, 23:43   #9
Kustom120

Hi Mitch where is the car, Is it in Scotland ?I have always liked Estates but never bought one yet,,,Would hate to see it broke as you never sell all the parts and another car goes to waste...Sorry I dont have 2k and I dont think its worth that to me but do you have any idea what the lady needs for it Many thanks for your time Andy
Kustom120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 00:28   #10
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Hi Andy,

No it's in Morpeth near Newcastle. I don't know exactly what Wilma will accept but she wants rid of the car now and iso realistic so if interested best to give her a call as she was going to contact a guy to take it away this week.