Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

700/900/200 series parts must go, too many to list.

Views : 5266

Replies : 59

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 16th, 2012, 21:07   #11
gmtgmt

what volvo radios do you have? im looking for older Volvo radios used from like 1989-2000 like the SC800 series
gmtgmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 00:01   #12
Another Volvonut
DAY-O .... Too loud man!

Hi to everybody that has made contact through this forum or by leaving contact details.

I am still unable to PM anyone or reply to any PM despite asking 'the question' and grovelling correctly, or so I believe. It will evidently take a few days to be sorted, so my apologies to all awaiting replies.

To those of you that have sent me contact details; if I haven't already, I will be in touch asap, but I can't always do what I want to do when I need to do it. I apologise for the delay and hope that you will all be patient until I can contact you, which I hope will be soon.

Those members wishing to visit me, sorry but not possible for a few days. Please remember that I am disposing of my parts 'collection' due to ill health and not the need for the money, again please be understanding and patient.

If I continue to be 'hassled', as some have done today, sorry but I will have to pull the plug on this thread, as I do not need further stress.

Thanks to all, Bob.
Another Volvonut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Another Volvonut For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 00:40   #13
wooble
Stay gold baby!

No probs and no rush, all in your own time! If I could arrange a morning to come by and say hello some time after I get back from my holiday on the 28th, that'd be grand. When it suits you of course, I don't want to rush or pressure you!
wooble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wooble For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 03:48   #14
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Hi Bob,

bit of a long shot but would you happen to have a VDO instrument cluster for a 1988/9 740 GLE please?
I'm getting a bit desperate for a speedo with a working odometer (a working trip would be a bonus!) as mine has completely given up the ghost. When i say desperate, i have a good while before the next MoT but like yourself i can't always do what i want to do, when i want or need to do it so need a bit of time to ensure it gets fitted.

I've not sent a PM as not entirely sure it works as i am still quite a new member - seem to recall i have managed to send PMs but at silly o'clock in the morning i don't feel like double checking!

Anyway, when you're next on here, perhaps you'd be kind enough to let me know the answer via this thread - we can work out how to contact each other to discuss the details at another point. Maybe i could set up a disposable email account so you could email me and i could then return your email from my normal email - nobody need see any "real" email or other details in this thread then.

Thanks in advance,

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 10:22   #15
Another Volvonut
DAY-O .... Too loud man!

Hi Laird Scooby, Dave,
The only VDO cluster I kept from a 760 has gone I'm afraid, the buyer had your problem with his old one, seems to be a common 'fault'. I do believe that a repair kit is still available for this unit, did do one some years ago, but fingers and thumbs now so would not attempt it today. Good luck in your search.
Cheers, Bob.
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 10:45   #16
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Hi Bob,

thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Shame the only one you had has gone, i've heard of the repair kits but firstly i thought they were for the Yazaki clusters and secondly i'm also all fingers and thumbs these days too! Mine apparently worked until it was laid up for 6-7 months before i bought it. It's not worked since i bought it though and although i don't do many miles each year, Mr MoT man knows the odometer will move at least 5 miles even if i don't drive it between tests!

Think you're right about it being a common fault, like the fuel gauge! I made a new fuel gauge using electronics and an LED bargraph, works very well even though i say so myself! Shame i can't make an electronic odometer!

Thanks again!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 11:06   #17
Another Volvonut
DAY-O .... Too loud man!

Hi Yoda960,

Have tried to send you an email to the address you sent, but it gets bounced back for some reason, so replying here now.

Thanks for your PM, the 960 parts I have are from a pre-facelift model, some of which will not be suitable for your V90. The rear light clusters will fit as will a few (dark grey) interior trims. The things that will fit that I have left are as follows:-

Recon gearbox with flywheel & torque converter which has done about 10,000 miles, cost over a £1000 (still have receipt) to have rebuilt so a sensible offer would secure it. Some engine parts including full set of cam followers with only 500miles of use, air-con compressor, starter, alternator & stainless cat with Lambda sensor. New steering rack for V90 or S90!!!

The engine parts are from a Volvo recon B6304 engine from 2000 with very little use and mileage. Some hoses, relays and front seat heating elements.
There is probably more, but can't bring it all to mind at present.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Bob.

Last edited by Another Volvonut; Aug 17th, 2012 at 11:27.
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 11:10   #18
Another Volvonut
DAY-O .... Too loud man!

Hi Laird Scooby, Dave,
Have you checked the rear axle connection? If it had been standing for a while, the connection could be HR or even dis.
Check out the tech bit in April's Volvo Driver.
Cheers, Bob.
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 11:15   #19
Another Volvonut
DAY-O .... Too loud man!

Hi Donegal,
Only a complete recon autobox and torque converter available, (see reply to others) don't really want to remove bits from it. If of interest PM me again.
Cheers, Bob.
Old Aug 17th, 2012, 11:23   #20
Another Volvonut
DAY-O .... Too loud man!

Brodgar,
Will phone you on the number you have sent me. Why not PM me with your 'needs'?
Cheers, Bob

Last edited by Another Volvonut; Aug 17th, 2012 at 11:29.