Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

940 for spares or repair

Views : 499

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 24th, 2015, 21:57   #1
vincent940

Default 940 for spares or repair

Selling my wife's 940 estate, for spares or repair. 2 litre turbo with manual overdrive gearbox. MOT ran out January. Engine has been smoking, but didn't seem to affect performance. Have been told it should be an easy fix, but I'm about as good at mechanics as I am at nuclear-physics, so I don't really know. Everything else seems to work. £200.
vincent940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2015, 09:41   #2
omc 47
VOC Member

Hi Vincent940,

Could you give a bit more info on colour,condition, history etc, I'm only up the road near Evesham and have a Wentworth 2L Turbo with full leather and was wondering about having a donor car for the inevitable day of repair.
Or maybe your's is worth repairing to keep another old girl away from the breakers...............

Andy
omc 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2015, 18:59   #3
vincent940

Hi Andy, "Vincent" is an L reg 2L turbo in white. My wife has owned it for about 10 years I think, but I'm not at home at the moment, so can't check. Don't know anything before that. It's in decent condition, but not immaculate. We have been to the highlands of Scotland a couple of times in it, and used it to tow our caravan all over the place. We've had it maintained at a local garage. I have been told by someone on here that a smokey engine could be an easy fix but I don't know, as I'm not a mechanic. The gearbox is good, 4 speed with overdrive. It hasn't moved in a while as my wife has another car, so I can't guarantee the brakes. Hope this helps. Martin.
Old May 25th, 2015, 19:48   #4
omc 47
VOC Member

Thanks Martin,

In the first instance I would like to have a look at the car as it may be saveable and I do have a trailer. I will PM you with my contact details and I also have a 5 speed gearbox which may be a bonus long term...........
Old May 25th, 2015, 20:52   #5
omc 47
VOC Member

Hi Martin,

can't PM you for some reason,I have read your earlier posts and I have a spare 2 litre turbo engine and gearbox so it is a possibility that this could live.
Just need to know the body and paint are good......my contact is andy.can@btinternet.com
Old May 26th, 2015, 13:31   #6
omc 47
VOC Member

Hi Martin,

having slept on this issue and with a 240 to sell at the moment I have decided to take one step at a time so if you have any other interested parties then I will stand aside.
Temptation to view the car looms large but I will be taking time out of other projects and sorting yet another Volvo. Like many who read these pages it's all too easy to collect old Volvo's.........probably because nothing matches em'.
Old May 26th, 2015, 22:23   #7
vincent940

Hi Andy, I did get your pm's, but haven't been near the computer until now. It's a shame you've decided against it as we would love it to go back on the road, but thanks for letting me know. Hopefully, someone else will give it a go!!! Martin.
The Following User Says Thank You to vincent940 For This Useful Post: