Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Expansion tank/hose needed for my 940 - where from?

Views : 659

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 29th, 2019, 19:32   #11
James_EG_940
Felonious Fanatic

Just to add that I was quoted £28.15 for a genuine Volvo header tank (PN 9122997) by FRF back in April. Also £16.73 for the cap (PN 9445462). Both in stock in the UK so didn't need to come from Sweden.

This included VOC discount and saying that I saw their ad on Facebook.

Please PM if you know of any black 940s being broken! I'm really keen for a driver's door and both front wings! Paint code 19-23
James_EG_940 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James_EG_940 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 29th, 2019, 20:08   #12
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_EG_940 View Post
Also £16.73 for the cap (PN 9445462).

This included VOC discount and saying that I saw their ad on Facebook.
Bah, humbug! Favouritism! That means those of us that refuse to have anything to do with anti-social media lose out!

That said, the price of that cap is £OUCH!!!!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2019, 08:11   #13
Dastardly Diesel

Order it from the dealer, and ask them to place it on VOR. They wont be keen because the extra cost eats into the profit margin, but order early enough in the day it should arrive the next, even if it has to come from mainland Europe.
Dastardly Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2019, 08:33   #14
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly Diesel View Post
Order it from the dealer, and ask them to place it on VOR. They wont be keen because the extra cost eats into the profit margin, but order early enough in the day it should arrive the next, even if it has to come from mainland Europe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniNinjaRob View Post
Thanks all for the replies. The Volvo dealer came up trumps! Many thanks to Clive Brook Volvo in Huddersfield for not only replying to my online enquiry first thing in the morning but being able to order the parts I need to arrive the same day. I got the expansion tank and lower hose for just over £60 which i thought was great - always good to get genuine parts.

Drained the system, put the new bits on, used the old hose clamps as they were much better quality than the new ones I bought just in case. Filled up from some silicate based antifreeze and its all working fine again. I suppose I could have gotten away without buying the hose but one end didn't look 100% and I'd hate to fill it all up again just for it to leak.
No need for VOR, Volvo dealers get 3 deliveries a day and only carry basic service items in stock as they can get anything within 24 hours (usually the same day) as long as it's either in their warehouse or dealer network. I learned this recently buying some bits for mine.
If the part needed isn't in the delaer network then it will be GCP - Genuine Classic Parts in Sweden and that takes about 2 weeks on average.

Remember these cars are 20+ years old now, most dealers of other marques drop support after 10-15 years and some don't even last that long on support.

As you can see, the OP got his tank from the dealer the same day and sorted the problem.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 2nd, 2019, 10:39   #15
MiniNinjaRob
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
No need for VOR, Volvo dealers get 3 deliveries a day and only carry basic service items in stock as they can get anything within 24 hours (usually the same day) as long as it's either in their warehouse or dealer network. I learned this recently buying some bits for mine.
If the part needed isn't in the delaer network then it will be GCP - Genuine Classic Parts in Sweden and that takes about 2 weeks on average.

Remember these cars are 20+ years old now, most dealers of other marques drop support after 10-15 years and some don't even last that long on support.

As you can see, the OP got his tank from the dealer the same day and sorted the problem.
A friend of mine who used to work in the motor trade (not for Volvo) said that Volvo were the best for getting parts through their dealers - as they have proved!

Clive Brook also do monthly classic Volvo meetings where you can get your car up on a ramp to check it out, they put on coffee and pastries etc. Clive Brook himself has a P1800 I think.
MiniNinjaRob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MiniNinjaRob For This Useful Post: