Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

CD player knackered - MP3 jack??

Views : 784

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 12th, 2017, 23:05   #1
05XC90

Default CD player knackered - MP3 jack??

The CD player was knackered in my 05 XC90 and has since been binned after an electronics dude said it was irrepairable. I was just wondering did they come with any factory connections for an ipod / mp3 or the like?

If not what are the best options RE CD player replacement as they seem hard to come by and not the cheapest!!
05XC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2017, 06:57   #2
john langrick
Master Member

Hi, the CD is integrated into the ICM (information control module) and you really best not interfere with it. The icm integrates with park sensors and GPS. For a start and use infra red to communicate with other modules. So I believe best to replace with volvo. I see a replacement CD on eBay for about £30 at the moment.

If it is input from a media player and phone, suggest a Bluetooth FM modulator which is powered by. Cigar lighter socket and integrates with your FM tuner. This has no connection issues and very cheap on eBay
Hope this helps, john left

Last edited by john langrick; Aug 13th, 2017 at 07:48.
john langrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2017, 15:04   #3
Simon Jones
Premier Member

A very good but expensive way of getting an aux input:

https://www.volvotech.eu/mmmi-aux-p2...-path%5B122%5D
Simon Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2017, 21:44   #4
05XC90

Cheers for advice
Old Aug 14th, 2017, 16:16   #5
John Brennand
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05XC90 View Post
If not what are the best options RE CD player replacement as they seem hard to come by and not the cheapest!!
I had CD player problems too - see my post from a few weeks ago. Anyway the bottom line is that if you replace the CD player (easy) you must get one from the identical specced car - preferably the same year and part number (you do still have your old one or made a note of the part number didn't you ?) and then it is a seamless 15' swap - no dealer coding nonsense required.

I got my x6CD machine off eBay from a New York scrappist for £75 delivered with all charges covered - was the same part number and works fine.

Wont give you aux input tho... but you will have your tunes :-)

John
John Brennand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2017, 14:37   #6
05XC90

Yeah I made a note of the numbers any I've seen were £150, although I'd to get a couple of parts from a breakers yard last month who had an identical car I must check the £ on the CD player if working ok.
Old Aug 15th, 2017, 15:55   #7
John Brennand
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05XC90 View Post
Yeah I made a note of the numbers any I've seen were £150, although I'd to get a couple of parts from a breakers yard last month who had an identical car I must check the £ on the CD player if working ok.
Yeah the UK guys tend to overprice them. Make them an offer of £80 - nothing to lose, Then check the US breakers who are often more reasonable - here is is an example of one for £90 delivered - its covered by the global shipping programme so nothing else to pay.
Mine arrived in 7 days and was fine.
John
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/03-06-VOLV...UAAOSwi7RZOGbz
John Brennand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2017, 22:05   #8
05XC90

Cheers I'll keep that in mind, just replaced the front discs and going to have to replace a couple of tyres shortly so the luxury of a CD player will have to wait a wee while lol.