Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Bugger

Views : 1679

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 23rd, 2014, 12:09   #11
Tail
Master Member

wasn't there an amazon advertised on e-bay a while ago that was in a scrapyard and had been accident damaged, advertised for parts only. There was a post on here somewhere about it, if you could find that it might be worth a look.
Tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2014, 13:06   #12
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

If you have access to a folder and a shrinker stretcher you could make a repair section. Bend in the folder and then use the shrinker stretcher to get the curves. I know a guy in Lincolnshire who could do it for you if you're looking at passing the job over, he has good metal shaping skills and tooling so can make that sort of repair. Let me know and I can PM his number to you.
Burdekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2014, 16:58   #13
tsetse1986

My hat is well and truly off to you for tackling that!

One more place to check - open the bonnet and slide your hand down and back under the ignition coil. You will feel a bit of the bulkhead that can't be seen from the top as it slopes obliquely away from you and to the rear. Slide your hand from side to side and feel for holes. You can check the offside section similarly.

Good luck!

Tim
Old Nov 25th, 2014, 08:04   #14
Qcowboy

I wish it were cheaper to ship large parts like that. I live in a dry area where windscreen surrounds survived well through the years. Though scrapyards here are not heavy with Amazons, there are a few around.

(I don't know where Droitwich is, but I'm guessing it's a long way from Denver! )
Qcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2014, 17:30   #15
old fart
Master Member

Hello again,thanks again for posts,I've made sections for the inner parts,and once they are fitted at the weekend,I'll have a go at the outer part and if that fails I'll see if I can find that damaged one.I have'nt got benders and shrinkers-it's strictly amateur hour round here,so I'll see how it goes.
I checked the bulkhead where you suggested tsetse 1986,before I bought the car,and it is fine,but this heap has rusty bits in the strangest of places,but not in others.
I am indeed a long way from you Qcowboy,in dear old rainy England,so I'll just have to suffer like everyone else.
I'll make a car out of it one eventually.
Bye for now,Andy.
old fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2014, 21:14   #16
thx569

Ouch. Do you guys run your cars in salt? Too bad the dash cover is plastic and holds water.

P

Death is nature's way of making it harder to get up in the morning.
thx569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2014, 08:06   #17
mocambique-amazone
Master Member

Thanksfivesixnine, this is nothing with the dashboard related. the mess is only because of not extra sealed window rubber and the english moisty weather, raining between sunshine, or the other way?
I never stayed in Droitwich, but I really like Wales and Cornwall. Beautyfull area, nice charming people, my daugther and I would like to stay there more often, if it wouldn't be as expensive the whole journey...regards Kay

And good luck Andy. I'm looking for a good part of a crashed Amazon, till now I couldn't find
mocambique-amazone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2014, 18:25   #18
mocambique-amazone
Master Member

Hey Andy, did you fis it. I got a body, totally rooten, and the windscreen area is fine! Ok, i'm in the North of Germany.
Sent me a note, I will do pics tomorrow, regards, Kay
mocambique-amazone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2014, 21:51   #19
old fart
Master Member

Hi Kay,I made repair sections on Saturday,will start cutting out and welding this weekend,so hopefully will be OK.If not I could be interested in your frame.
Cheers,Andy.
old fart is offline   Reply With Quote