Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Nice gear knob (ooerr missus !)

Views : 2630

Replies : 30

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 3rd, 2014, 22:40   #21
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek UK View Post
Anyone here with an early type 1800 remote change fitted to an Amazon?
Hi Ya Derek

the amazon estate i have done for a customer has one fitted i did chris harts last amazon estate that is what did you need to know ?? the gear knob ? i used the P1800 black plastic knob as standard OEM

kind regards

robert

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
123GT-AMAZON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2014, 22:42   #22
Derek UK
VOC Member

Smile

8.66 brochure shows the "lobster claw" and loop type and the 8.67 has the tongue/red lever type. As this was the last year that the USA got the Amazon, no B20 ones imported officially AFAIK, there won't be many about. 140's had them and could well be a swap in conversion. 1800 series also changed to the red lever type.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2014, 23:06   #23
222s
Amazoniste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek UK View Post
8.66 brochure shows the "lobster claw" and loop type and the 8.67 has the tongue/red lever type.
IIRC, the change was for the '67 model year onwards, so those cars built just after the (presumably August) '66 dated brochure would have had them. From what I've been told, the model years ran from late summer to late summer, i.e. when the factory re-opened after the summer holiday shutdown. My own '67 apparently dates from just before the '67 summer shutdown.

Paul - 1967 Amazon 222S B20 o/d Estate & 1961 A-H Sprite Mk2 948cc

WANTED - For '67 Amazon estate - offside rear quarter, preferably new old stock.
222s is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 222s For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 4th, 2014, 02:43   #24
Bigbunt
Bigbunt

Well, I guess if I really want them I'll have to look over there... Anybody got a set laying around for a Yank, for no other reason than they're unusual and cool?! Or should I just go inertia and get with the program?
Bigbunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2014, 03:50   #25
c1800
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbunt View Post
Well, I guess if I really want them I'll have to look over there... Anybody got a set laying around for a Yank, for no other reason than they're unusual and cool?! Or should I just go inertia and get with the program?
If I've been reading this correctly you are looking for the seat belt receptacle with the red levers, that fits between the seats.

I have one, let me know.
c1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2014, 08:56   #26
Alf ista
Premier Member

Here's a pic...

Old Dec 4th, 2014, 11:36   #27
Bigbunt
Bigbunt

Definitely interested in your lever-style anchor, c1800... Let me know what you want for it, PM or otherwise. Alf, you have inertia pulleys in there. Do the lever anchors take modern seat belt male fittings? Wasn't really planning on going off on this tangent but your interior shot inspired me after just finishing my floor! If I ever get an afternoon free to put my clutch in, my interior should look pretty good too. No carpet though, my driveway is gravel and it just didn't seem like a good idea. I did restore my rubber mat though.
Thanks for indulging me!
Old Dec 4th, 2014, 12:05   #28
Derek UK
VOC Member

Just to say that if you go for the red lever type you'll have to have the matching tongues on the belts. This will obviously be the case with the matching Volvo belts and these could be fitted to a set of custom ones. I don't know how universal this tongue design is but maybe Securon inertia belts will match up to this type of socket. There maybe someone here that can answer that question.
These people should be able to sort you out over there.
http://www.ssnake-oyl.com/
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derek UK For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 4th, 2014, 20:05   #29
Tail
Master Member

I used ford sierra inertia belts in mine as the bottom bracket was an easy mod to fit in the amazon, obviously the toungue is different but all you have to do is cut off or unpick the bottom mount remove the Sierra tongue fit the Amazon tongue then any auto upholsterer will have a sewing machine capable of stitching it back up again, mine had done some other work for me so didnt charge for the 2 minutes it took him to sew them up, new belts with old tongues... easy
Tail is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tail For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 5th, 2014, 03:06   #30
Bigbunt
Bigbunt

It'd definitely be a good thing to know what tongue is right... From shift knobs to seatbelt anchors; all in a days work! I love seeing nice interior shots. It's really interesting to see the variety in the details in these cars. Gotta love them...
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigbunt For This Useful Post: