Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Unknown Update?

Views : 706

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 22nd, 2017, 16:53   #1
tem
Premier Member

Default Unknown Update?

When I got my car back, mid November, after waiting 10 days to get the major software update installed, I had the check list displayed on startup.
The check list consisted of a list of parameters with the green dots and nothing else displayed.

Yesterday, when I started the car, the list displayed, but at the bottom of the screen, the word “InteliSafe” was displayed and after a few seconds, “Check Completed” was displayed.
Then as expected, the check list vanished and the car icon was displayed.

The only thing that I have done, since getting the car back, was to update the apps and nothing else.
I now wonder if I have had an OTA software update, without agreeing to it being done?
Volvo did state sometime ago, that with the new Sensus, they would be able to monitor and update, without numerous visits to the Dealership.

Has anyone noticed the additional information being displayed?

tem.

Last edited by tem; Dec 22nd, 2017 at 18:57.
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2017, 20:48   #2
husky125

Just had a software update on my XC60 D4 at its 3000 mile check and have the same readout on starting, happens so quick if you blink you miss it.
They tried the update to see if the passenger heated seat would remember it's setting once ignition switched off, but still the same. Do not use much of the technology so no idea of any real changes only as mentioned above.
husky125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2017, 21:46   #3
Jcbrown

Been out in the car 4- 5 times today, and not noticed any change. Updated to latest map 1st thing, but been out a couple of times since, and again no change. Updated the apps the other week, but none today

I got the Nov update a few weeks ago, and always had the Intellisafe list since that update - never had the list of parameters as you described.

Went out about 5, to see Spotify & Weather tiles saying "Terms of Service", and when I tap them. a message asking me to accept the Terms of Service before I can use the Volvo Apps.

It is not the Privacy and Data Sharing it is asking for here, they were all ticked (and have been since I picked the car up after the last update).

Accepted the ToS, and everything appears ok - everything works as before and nothing visually appears to have changed. But why did I have to accept the ToS again?

I guess as you say, this could be some form of OTA Sensus update behind the scenes and without any agreement from me - Then again, it could just be Sensus up to its old tricks and loosing settings I guess
Old Dec 22nd, 2017, 22:41   #4
tem
Premier Member

Going back to post #2, I agree, a plink of the eye and you miss the Check List.
Yesterday, when I first started the car, something caught my eye, that was different.

Curious? I switched the engine off, got out, locked the car and on re-entry, paid particular attention when starting the V90.
This is when I first noticed the “InteliSafe Logo” and the the “Check Completed”.
How, this information has been updated, I can’t answer.

tem.
Old Dec 22nd, 2017, 23:33   #5
S60Chris
Master Member

More info on those checks here https://support.volvocars.com/uk/pag...a801514dd5003f
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S60Chris For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 21st, 2018, 15:33   #6
RBoshuis
MY16 XC90 D5 Momentum

Default MY16 Intellisafe Safety Check Missing

I don't seem to have the Intellisafe Check at all.
This could be due to fact that I don't have Intellisafe Assist with ACC and Pilot Assist or Distance Alert.

However, the link that S60Chris mentions shows the list. In the list it mentions Road Sign Information which should show right?

According to my garage the latest software is installed, but they are new and are missing loads of info (I taught them how Volvo On Call worked and what I needed to make it work).

Here a video of my car being started: https://youtu.be/Nx8eNA0Xtls

Car: MY16 XC90 D5 Momentum
RBoshuis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RBoshuis For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 21st, 2018, 17:19   #7
pagan8c
Master Member

Havn't got this feature on my March 2017 XC90 but as it goes in for its first service next month will expect the new sensus to be downloaded to my car so will check for these changes. Thanks for the info.
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote